Help - I want to build a pizza oven and I'm in the Canberra region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help - I want to build a pizza oven and I'm in the Canberra region

How much did it cost you guys all up to build your ovens? rough estimate would be good

Tim

Comment

I guess you would get away with about $1,000.
      Give me a call on 0451470371, we have all you require, in Melbourne, all goods are in stock, and FREE thermometer when you spend $500.

Comment

Hi Tim

I built my oven with Canberra reds, if u like we can meet up and show u the oven. I live in lyneham, let me know

Trev

Trevor.williams@y7mail.com

Comment

Originally posted by wookiewins View Post
          Hi Tim

I built my oven with Canberra reds, if u like we can meet up and show u the oven. I live in lyneham, let me know

Trev

Trevor.williams@y7mail.com
          Hi Trev, about to start on a build project in the bush in the Southern Highlands and glad to hear about Canberra Reds!! I have been trawling through the various threads, price lists etc trying to work out the parts I'll need. I have some Canberra reds but probably not enough for the full dome and I had been wondering if they would be OK to use. Can they be mixed with fire bricks and if so what would be the best - use the Canberra reds for the lower courses or the top of the dome?

Many thanks for any input,

Andrew

Comment

Gudday
            I've heard a coupla references to the "Canberra Red".... sounds like a pretty solid brick. There a common from out west in the tablelands up here that weighs more than a firebrick
            If you are using a common brick and put it on the ground give it a good hit with a hammer breaks cleanly ....great...crumbles or breaks into pieces ...forget it.
            If your using some firebrick use in the hearth if you can't a double layer of clay pavers will give you a good amount of thermal mass.
            Above all Insulate above and below

Regards Dave
            Last edited by cobblerdave; 06-01-2012, 02:37 AM.
            Measure twice
            Cut once
            Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
            My Door
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Hi Johnny,

Thanks mate, will probably be easier to find things locally but just in case... how much would i be looking at for for The firebricks, Insulating board and blanket?

Cheers,

Tim

Comment

Anybody know where to find cheap besser blocks or canberra reds in canberra, $4.20 for the blocks at Bunnings...

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by mothy View Post
                  Hi Johnny,

Thanks mate, will probably be easier to find things locally but just in case... how much would i be looking at for for The firebricks, Insulating board and blanket?

Cheers,

Tim
                  Best give me a call on 0451470371

Comment

Working...
                  X