Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oasiscdm
    replied
    welcome back doug i sure have missed you.

Leave a comment:

• Karangi Dude
    replied
    Thank you

Gulf (Joe) and UtahBeehiver (Russell) for restoring these threads and for inviting me back to the forum
    Thank you to all the well wishers for your support I am sorry but there is no book
    For a couple of years I helped and consulted on a few ovens around the Coffs Harbour region along with running our workshops and cooking classes
    then in June 2015 sold our property and relocated back to North East Victoria to be closer to our Children and Grandchildren we bought a small property in Milawa
    Milawa is in the wine region of North East Victoria (home to Brown brothers Winery) and is known as the Gourmet Food Region
    In 2016 I built a mobile wood fired oven trailer and have been doing events, markets, corporate and private functions ever since

Thanks again to Joe and Russell

I am happy that these threads have been restored and I hope there is something of interest in them for our readers

Cheers

Doug
    Karangi Dude

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Russell a simple YAY. I feel whole again. Had many a conversation with Doug. I will ensure his thread stays close to the top

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    To bring Karangi Dude's threads (Cooking and 48" Oven) back to front. Gulf and I, with the permission from Karangi Dude, have restored his two key threads. Enjoys his cooking skill and learn from his building knowledge

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    You can still post some photos of the finished kitchen / oven

Leave a comment:

• Saluki
    replied
    Dang. I finally get around to building my oven and going through bookmark builds and this has been wiped out. Darn.

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied
    Re: Karangi Dude's 48inch Oven

Originally posted by Bert View Post
    Cheers Colin. Will do! Give him my best next time you speak with him. Bert
    I second that please give him my regards also.
    Last edited by Gulf; 05-12-2017, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Think we might all be waiting for a book....I'm sure it would be informative. With great tips and recipes. I know I am. (Does not mean it is happening though). Maybe we could start a petition.
    Last edited by Gulf; 05-12-2017, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied

Cheers Colin. Will do! Give him my best next time you speak with him. Bert
    Last edited by Gulf; 05-12-2017, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Hi Bert

Doug and family are all fine spoke to him recently. He is simply focusing on other stuff. May I suggest now you follow Utahbeehiver, octoforno, deejay, snarky. As an alternative

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied

Hello Folks,

Just went into Doug?s blog to study up?now that my hearth is finally poured. Was very concerned when I found that his account has been removed. I hope him and his family are OK! He?ll be sorely missed.

Bert

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by TropicalCoasting View Post

The serenity prayer;
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.
    Amen Brothers.
    Last edited by Gulf; 05-12-2017, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TropicalCoasting
    replied

Sad to hear hope your ok and change your mind.

The internet like the world is full of differing opinions and personalities,you don't have to like or agree with all of them,you just go about doing what you believe in and ignore the rest.

The serenity prayer;
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.
    Last edited by Gulf; 05-12-2017, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SableSprings
    replied

Your positive attitude, thoughtful comments, clear insights, and delicious WFO bakes are (and will always be) treasured by most of us. You have shared with us a tremendous gift that will continue to inspire, help, & make mouths water throughout the Forno Bravo family.

I hope that this family will keep your two Karangi Kitchen threads on the first page of the Regional Australia forum with our reply/comments (as we are attempting to keep Lburou's "A Newbie's survey..treasures..." thread on the first page of the Newbie Forum).

Thank you Doug...it's been terrific and I know you'll continue to enjoy the great life & life style you've built.
    Last edited by Gulf; 05-12-2017, 10:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Hi Doug

All I can say is I wouldn't have started building my oven if it wasn't for your thread.

all I can say beyond that is THANKYOU....................

May god bless you.
    Last edited by Gulf; 05-12-2017, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X