Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy my pizza tools, any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking to buy my pizza tools, any recommendations?

Hi All,

OscarA, did you get that item in?? did it come through customs ok?

Baltic, awesome tools, definitely gave me some ideas. I found theres a metal short not to far from me who sells scrap metal. Might pick some up for the door and the tools.. How did you bevel the front edge of the peel,,, so you don't cut or stab the pizza but so that it slides underneath easily??

FSW seem really cheap but dont ship outside the U.S. Any aussies had luck getting it in another way?? Any import issues due to the wood??

Cheers,

Gi

Comment

Originally posted by gummz View Post
      Hi All,

OscarA, did you get that item in?? did it come through customs ok?

Gi

Not yet, I'm not expecting it for another week or two.
      I don't think the wood is an issue with customs as it's most likely treated for the export market. I would think the scraper,broom is most likely made in China and exported to the US and now it'll make it's way to OZ.
      I think wood is an issue when tourist buy carvings etc which are possibly carved from fresh untreated wood.
      Manufactured stuff like furniture etc are different as they most likely have to go through some treatment.
      I'm only making an assumption as so many of our imported stuff is made from wood.
      I'll find out soon enough.

Comment

Importing timber items isnt a problem aslong as there is no bark on the timber.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

hey Dave nice job on the pizza tools i'm going to make that rake and add a spike to the poker , i found i used the poker a lot when i had the oven going flat out and full of food , a great tool for moving , turng etc.
          regards jas.

Comment

Bought the peel and cut/shaped to suit my needs (around $28.00). Wire brush head from USA (eBay) at $Aus14.84 (cost plus postage). Made the rest to suit needs with scrap laying around. Total cost probably around $45.
            You don't need to spend a fortune to achieve good pizza......

U Dont Have 2 Have a Long Neck 2B1

Comment

love those handles....well done

Regards Dave
              Measure twice
              Cut once
              Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
              My Door
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Oscar,

Did you get your item yet?

Comment

Yes got it about a week ago.
                  I'm now waiting for an oven grill and grill basket from Amazon which I ordered last week.

Amazon.com: Mr Bar B Q 06034X Platinum Prestige Stainless Steel Wok Topper: Home & Garden

Amazon.com: Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Cast Iron Tuscan Barbecue Grill: Home & Garden

This oven really is starting to get expensive.

I would have bought these locally if I could have found them. Those grill baskets can't be found anywhere and the cast iron grill is sturdy where as the only ones I could find had folded legs and more flimsy. I didn't think they would be suitable for an oven as you have to drag it in and out and folded legs type are designed to be placed over a fire and left there.
                  Last edited by OscarA; 03-02-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

That's the tuscan grill. I use mine a lot. I don't remember paying 45 bucks for mine, though. Metal gets more and more expensive. I'm about ready to send anything silver in the shop to the scrapper: AG is getting silly expensive. I wouldn't think that would be true of cast iron though.
                    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Yeah it's the only one I could find that ships overseas and believe it all not US$45 was a good price compared to over sites.
                      I also couldn't believe the amount of different grill baskets available in the US round, square, rectangle, stainless steel, enamel etc etc but I couldn't even find one located in OZ. Don't know if they are called something different over here but I had no luck.
                      Anyway that tuscan grill will be well used so long after I have forgotten about the price I will still be enjoying it.

Comment

OscarW, did you try Australian Bakery Supplies in Blackburn? They have just about everything. Cheers, John

Comment

I forgot about that place I've been in there before pricing peels but didn't look for the Tuscan grill or grill basket as I wasn't looking for them at the time.
                          I should pop in just to see as it's just around the corner from me.
                          Then again maybe I shouldn't

Comment

Hi OscarA,

I've also received my broom head piece, just wondering what you used as the handle????

The only thing i can find at bunnings has a "plastic" screw component,,, the only metals ones are at the paints section but the whole thing is metal and i don't know how it wil lreact under high temps?

Anyone have suggestions on where to find a long (~1.5 m) wooden broom handle with a metall screw piece?

Comment

Dear Gummz
                              Buy the metal one its not going to be in the heat long enough to heat up anyway. I've a metal handle on a poker and it stays cool at the hand end...wouldn't grab it at the other however

Regards Dave
                              Measure twice
                              Cut once
                              Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                              My Door
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by gummz View Post
                                Hi OscarA,

I've also received my broom head piece, just wondering what you used as the handle????
                                I'm still building my oven so haven't bothered putting a handle on it yet.
                                I agree with Dave in that the metal handles in the paint section you talk about should be fine. They're only in the oven for a few minutes at a time if that long so it shouldn't heat up to much.

Comment

Working...
                                X