Molino Caputo pizza flour and San Marzano Tomatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Molino Caputo pizza flour and San Marzano Tomatoes

thanks goose. intresting concept i know lots of cockies growing wheat just need the best hard high protien wheat i think the wheat growen around here is low protien wheat

Comment

thanks doug .lauke mill is 30 min drive from my home . wallaby flour is not as high in protien as i would like still must try it.

Comment

have found a organic unbleached flour called four leaf it is milled in sa and is 16% + protien i must try it if anyone has tryed love to know wat it was like

Comment

doug trying to replicate pizza made in italy by my uncle in his wfo pizzaria

Comment

will do thank mate

Comment

My first post! I live on the south coast NSW - I can get manildra Gem of the West bakers flour in Nowra for $10.50 for a 12kg bag. Great value and good results. Canned San Marzano tomatoes are stocked at the Emorporium cafe in Berry (opposite the pub) - but $3-4 a can! I will try haberfield IGA next time in Sydney.

Comment

I just use local whole peeled Roma tomatoes which sell for 49 - 69 cents a can. I tried canned San Marzano and i couldn't tast the difference so only use local cans now.
                / Rossco

Comment

Hi, I am up in Brisbane and would love it if you could give me the details of the importer who sells the Molina Capitol flour.
                  My emai address is ross@megapulse.net
                  Thank you in advance for your assistance.
                  Regards Ross

Comment

Do a search for Lario's - they sell it in Aus. I think they are the only ones...
                    / Rossco

Comment

Dear Ross

You can buy 12 per cent protein plus flours from Campbells cash a n carry in bulk I have been told. You can buy molino flour in 1 kg packets from Coles a a pinch.
                      GP flour tends to make pizza bases like a flour tortella ...soft and floppy. I found straight Molino has a tendance to be a little heavy for my tastes.. so a 50/50 mix of the both makes a really good base. I'm yet to try the high hydration doughs that you'll find in the forum but they might suit your tastes.
                      Canned San Marzano are great..... but I tend to use my own self seeded tomato from the chook coup fence. They come up themselfs and I recon they revert to there parent stock....they are little globs of pure flavour. We rarely have none even in winter and I always have some in the freezer anyway to make tomatoe base sauce

Regards Dave
                      Brisbane
                      Last edited by cobblerdave; 11-05-2011, 10:09 PM.
                      Measure twice
                      Cut once
                      Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                      My Door
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

The Manildra Gem of the West Bakers flour has 12.5% protein content. At $10.50 for a 12 kg bag it's a bargain.
                        Tried straining the San Marzano tomatoes yesterday. Worked much better in the pizza oven and the left-over liquid added to a pasta sauce.

Comment

PeterE
                          Thanks for the recomends but what sort of outlet did you buy the flour from?
                          It would go a long way in helping us to track down this flour. (yes Ive lived in Nowra many moons ago and at that time there was little there and Berry only lived on the weekends when the daytrippers came for the 2nd hand shops)

Regards Dave
                          Measure twice
                          Cut once
                          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                          My Door
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

It's a transport company in south Nowra just off the Princes Hwy. I'll get the name and address posted tomorrow. Manildra make a Gem of the West pizza flour as well - not tried it and not sure what its protein content is

Comment

Manildra flour sold by JD Transport, Quinn's Lane Sth Nowra.

Comment

I notice Lario International (Lario International | Fine quality artisan foods) now sells Molino Caputo 00 Chef flour in 1 kg bags for only $6.00. Very reasonable and finally us Aussies can get our hands on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X