• CrocAu
    replied
    Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

note i could be wrong, it is few months now

Leave a comment:

• CrocAu
    replied

just hard to list price when there is few different options and with Ben always adding extras like the door, etc price is changing up and down so best to ask directly..
    i think i paid 2300 or there about

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by Liteceeper View Post

Best have a Capt Cook at the website and give Ben a call on pricing.
    I have no desire to purchase a kit, I was just curious of the price, is it a secret?

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Hey croc

I agree faster you started after me and finished before me.

Liteceeper

Can't answer that one, mine faces east the wind in Vic is rarely east. Regardless of wind it still looks better at 45 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
    Guys

His website does not have the pre cut kits on it. Only the kit components that you need to cut.

Bens build on this site was 'bens brick oven in berwick' if you are interested.

I think he was talking around 2000 for pre cut kit I have his price list somewhere. Don't quote me though.

Liteceeper I like the new layout looks great then oven this way has opened the whole area and will be much easier to use.
    Thanks Colin on the new layout.

I was concerned that the prevailing wind in SA comes from the South-west which is the direction the oven opening will face on the new corner layout, hence my initial layout facing South.

Does wind pay havoc with operating the ovens?

I will eventually have clear PVC patio awnings, once the walls are rendered, which will help with screening the wind which tends to funnel across the back wall and patio doors.

liteceeper

Leave a comment:

• CrocAu
    replied

yes you going to find that his website needs a update, he is great one stop shop for any type of project, if you want kit you have options of precut where there is very little cutting involved and I myself didn't have to cut any bricks at all, or you can get cheaper option where you have to cut it all by yourself but considering the prices being very fair it was easy choice for me for simple reason that it saves you a lot of time and mess and you still going to have to put a lot of time in to building it all he just gives you options to make your life little bit easier.
    and if you want whole different type of oven you can just buy bricks, mortar, cal-sil boards, etc...

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Guys

His website does not have the pre cut kits on it. Only the kit components that you need to cut.

Bens build on this site was 'bens brick oven in berwick' if you are interested.

I think he was talking around 2000 for pre cut kit I have his price list somewhere. Don't quote me though.

Liteceeper I like the new layout looks great then oven this way has opened the whole area and will be much easier to use.

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    Ive never seen this kit before but I must say what a world class kit it seems to be.

How much i$ the kit?

Please, rotate your pics, Ive got a crick in my neck.....
    G'day Brickie
    Yes the kit so far has exceeded my expectations, it also contains refractory mortar & cast-able mortar, calsil boards, perlite, ceramic fibre blanket and a pre-cast flue gallery. Ben threw in the door as a special.

Best have a Capt Cook at the website and give Ben a call on pricing.

Melbourne Fire Bricks & Refractory Products For Wood Fired Pizza Ovens

P.S. Sorry about the photos still have my L-plates on forum.
    Last edited by Liteceeper; 08-07-2013, 05:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Originally posted by CrocAu View Post
    Ben kit is great and well organized, he is also great guy even after he already got your money. always returns calls and always have time for you and always working on improving his kit.
    did you get extra castable for heatbank and 6 bricks for the front to seal your calsil boards?
    i see he now includes calsil boards cut out plan, great idea, i had small confusion with that one as one of the off cuts had small section that you meant to use

i will sub to your thread so if you run in to any puzzles i should be able to help
    Thanks CrocAu for the offer of help, I agree Ben's kit is well thought out.
    Yes I got the extra castable not sure about the extra bricks will need to talk with Ben.
    I might have a problem with the landing, I have done a rough brick bond layout and I am limited to 1670mm on side of existing brick wall as patio doors will open against edge. Currently planning to have slab flush with brick or slight setback to allow for tiling.

See thumbnails of new corner layout and brick layout.

I will make some templates from Ben's floor plan and do a complete layout over weekend.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Ive never seen this kit before but I must say what a world class kit it seems to be.

How much i$ the kit?

Please, rotate your pics, Ive got a crick in my neck.....

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Cannot go wrong with Ben s kit. Check crocau build he used the same kit.I ess going to use Ben's kit but want more thermal mass on the base and then brickie came to the rescue with fire bricks..

Leave a comment:

• CrocAu
    replied

Ben kit is great and well organized, he is also great guy even after he already got your money. always returns calls and always have time for you and always working on improving his kit.
    did you get extra castable for heatbank and 6 bricks for the front to seal your calsil boards?
    i see he now includes calsil boards cut out plan, great idea, i had small confusion with that one as one of the off cuts had small section that you meant to use

i will sub to your thread so if you run in to any puzzles i should be able to help

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

More unpacking photos.

Liteceeper
    Last edited by Liteceeper; 08-07-2013, 03:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Originally posted by Les View Post
    What is this? Does someone offer a kit with all the wedge shapes and tapers already cut to size?
    Originally posted by Wayne73 View Post
    I came across a Melbourne refractory company when looking for bricks for my build. From what I can remember the wedge bricks are all the same size and agle.
    Les

Check Melbourne firebrick he does the pre cut kit. I think crocau used this kit for his build. Check it out on Australian section
    Hi All
    Received kit from Ben at Melbourne Fire Brick Co. in Victoria.
    Bricks come cut and tapered to size. I was looking for a one stop shop to buy the basic materials and found site after surfing for plans.
    Also provided are arch formwork, floor template and trammel tool.

I have posted some photos of unpacking kit.

Liteceeper

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    replied

Hi and welcome aboard

Just a thought have you thought of a corner build in that same space. Aesthetically it might look better as guests will be able to see the fire. Assuming the space its big enough. It will provide more ambience in the indoor outdoor space
    Originally posted by Wayne73 View Post
    yeah I second that. A corner build would look great there, though you might not have enough room for a corner build.
    What size oven are you building?
    Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    You will be cramped for room the way you have it and wont be able to work the oven properly.
    Originally posted by nissanneill View Post
    Welcome on board, great to see another Aussie and especially a fellow Adelaidian.

I agree with the other comments and recommend that you rotate your oven 45˚ clockwise for the following reasons.
    1. increase the limited space to use your oven tools when others are using the nearby (adjacent) available bench space to assemble their pizzas,
    2. allow more room for your guests to assemble their food without being hit with a peel handle,
    3. allow the heat that radiates from the open oven into your area without going directly onto the assembly bench
    4. allow your guests to view the oven internals and the pizzas cooking.

You shouldn't need any "extra space" for this move as the opening will fall over the generally unused corner of the base.
    My oven and outdoor kitchen is similar and with the oven built into a corner on the angle, works well.

Good luck with your build.

Neill
    Thanks all for the above advice.
    I like the idea of radiating the heat and letting everyone have a view of the oven in operation. I will now get the CAD monkey onto a new render with a corner unit. I have received the kit and post photos in seperate post.

Thanks again Liteceeper

Leave a comment:

Working...
X