X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nissanneill
    replied
    Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Welcome on board, great to see another Aussie and especially a fellow Adelaidian.

I agree with the other comments and recommend that you rotate your oven 45˚ clockwise for the following reasons.
    1. increase the limited space to use your oven tools when others are using the nearby (adjacent) available bench space to assemble their pizzas,
    2. allow more room for your guests to assemble their food without being hit with a peel handle,
    3. allow the heat that radiates from the open oven into your area without going directly onto the assembly bench
    4. allow your guests to view the oven internals and the pizzas cooking.

You shouldn't need any "extra space" for this move as the opening will fall over the generally unused corner of the base.
    My oven and outdoor kitchen is similar and with the oven built into a corner on the angle, works well.

Good luck with your build.

Neill

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

You will be cramped for room the way you have it and wont be able to work the oven properly.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Les

Check Melbourne firebrick he does the pre cut kit. I think crocau used this kit for his build. Check it out on Australian section
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 08-05-2013, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne73
    replied

Originally posted by Les View Post
    What is this? Does someone offer a kit with all the wedge shapes and tapers already cut to size?
    I came across a Melbourne refractory company when looking for bricks for my build. From what I can remember the wedge bricks are all the same size and agle.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Originally posted by Liteceeper View Post
    Hi All
    Starting a pre-cut kit build
    What is this? Does someone offer a kit with all the wedge shapes and tapers already cut to size?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne73
    replied

yeah I second that. A corner build would look great there, though you might not have enough room for a corner build.
    What size oven are you building?

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

Hi and welcome aboard

Just a thought have you thought of a corner build in that same space. Aesthetically it might look better as guests will be able to see the fire. Assuming the space its big enough. It will provide more ambience in the indoor outdoor space

Leave a comment:

• Liteceeper
    started a topic New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Hi All
    Starting a pre-cut kit build after a year of surfing and viewing forums etc. Time to get on with it. I'm fairly time poor (and $$ like everyone ) I commenced a major renovation of the house in 2009 and work remote regularly and now want to add an oven to the list of almost completed jobs.
    I have a son who's good on CAD so he has done the render to give me something to aspire to.
    First post so I hope the photos etc are OK.
Working...
X