Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steady
    replied
    My youngest daughter spent many hours over 12 months helping me on our oven build - the time together is priceless. There is no doubt she learnt many things during this time from practical math, geometry, woodwork, concrete mixing and finishing, using hand and power tools, thinking ahead, patience - and the list could go on and on.

Leave a comment:

• eyspy
    replied
    Thanks steady, have got lots of free materials ready, now just waiting to clear up my work schedule and 4 of my 5 kids will be out helping with the construction this winter. We are homeschooling this year and this will be a good learning project. Lots of maths and calculations involved, along with layouts, planning stages, tech drawings, constructions ETC... could end up with a WBO looking like the leaning tower of Pizza :-)

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    Love the shed eyspy, looking forward to seeing your oven progress

Leave a comment:

• eyspy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gulf View Post

Other than having a bit of an accent , ya'll are a lot like true Southerners .
    U guys have the accent......

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
    G'day
    I'm pretty impressed that an Aussie bloke is willing to share his shed with the family.
    Other than having a bit of an accent , ya'll are a lot like true Southerners .

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G'day
    I'll be interested in seeing your build. You've got a grand shed there, it will be a perfect backdrop to an oven. I'm pretty impressed that an Aussie bloke is willing to share his shed with the family.
    If you havnt got a set of plans yet go to the Forno shop and put a set in your basket. They are pretty much free and requires a donation only.
    The plans will be set to you as a PDF file. They are more than a set of drawings and go into a lot of information of the whys and why nots.
    Ask questions, you've landed in the middle of some of the most knowledgeable oven builders and they will see you right.
    Regards dave
    Last edited by cobblerdave; 01-26-2016, 07:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eyspy
    replied
    Originally posted by Toomulla View Post
    Well done on the shed. I notice in your pics that the chimney is adjacent the roof timbers this is a major fire hazard and you should isolate it at least 200 mm from any timber
    Thanks for the heads up. When I planned this I was trying to make life easy and thought the heat would not be that bad, but I was wrong and it gets quite hot. It has to be modified for sure and that is why last winter it barely got used. I new hood and move away from the timbers is happening very soon.

Leave a comment:

• eyspy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    Espy,

Great score on the timbers and metal. It looks great! Russell is right about me liking the rustic look. But, I only wish that my little storage shed was like your big intertainment barn. Mine is full of motorcycles, building material, tools and scroungings at the moment .
    Motorcycles! I would love to 'overfill' it with motorcycles but alas the budget does not allow. Here I am at 56 years of age and still ripping up the bush in dirt bikes pretended to be a Crusty Demon. Bones break easier than they used to as I can sadly attest to. Bike less at the moment still waiting to decide whether to continue with dirt bikes or get back on a HOG again?
    5 demanding kids might answer that for me.

Leave a comment:

• Toomulla
    replied
    Well done on the shed. I notice in your pics that the chimney is adjacent the roof timbers this is a major fire hazard and you should isolate it at least 200 mm from any timber

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Espy,

Great score on the timbers and metal. It looks great! Russell is right about me liking the rustic look. But, I only wish that my little storage shed was like your big intertainment barn. Mine is full of motorcycles, building material, tools and scroungings at the moment .

Leave a comment:

• eyspy
    replied
    Originally posted by Novaslo View Post

If you ever get to Paso Robles Ca. Wine country, look me up!!
    Wine Country, your talking my language. I have had the privilege of living and working in two of the worlds best wine regions. The Barossa Valley for many years (famous for it's robust reds), was only there last week visiting my brother who works at Richmond Grove Winery (Don't tell him, but I only visit when my cellar is getting low).
    Also lived in neighbouring Clare Valley better suited to the Whites. Had the priveage of meeting many wine makers and cooking with their wines for some 'Gourmet wine/food nights' Meet and talk with the winemaker and Chef (myself). Live only an hour away from Clare (2 hours from the Barossa). Much prefer the coastal location we are in now as the fishing is great! (and not too far for a nice drive to a restaurant and fine dining, although with my large family it's more like fish and chips on the beach in my boards and thongs )

Leave a comment:

• eyspy
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Eyspy,

Cool story about the timbers, gives me faith in people again. I am sure your timber frame barn will get attention from Gulf, his out building is similar. I get to the Southern Hemi every few years so this build may be on my check out list. There's a builder in Queenstown I have wanted to visit as well as others.
    u r more than welcome, and hopefully by then it will be complete for a smokey cook up?

Leave a comment:

• eyspy
    replied
    Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
    And here I thought the pics were just upside down because you were in Australia
    LOL :-) One could be well forgiven for thinking that..... at least we are the right way up :-)

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied
    And here I thought the pics were just upside down because you were in Australia

Leave a comment:

• Novaslo
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Eyspy,

Cool story about the timbers, gives me faith in people again. I am sure your timber frame barn will get attention from Gulf, his out building is similar. I get to the Southern Hemi every few years so this build may be on my check out list. There's a builder in Queenstown I have wanted to visit as well as others.
    If you ever get to Paso Robles Ca. Wine country, look me up!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X