• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steady
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul W View Post

Hi Steady,
    I have been on the Melbourne Firebrick website and they are my favourite looking ovens, They are quite pricey too, did you buy an oven kit or just the bricks?
    I looked at buying a brick saw and following the free plans but couldn't find a second hand one on my area and decided I'm time poor anyway so went with the pre-cut kit.

My build can be found here

PS - I also love photo's

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G’day
    watching with interest..... plenty of pics are good..... a pics worth a thousand words they say
    regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    replied
    Originally posted by Steady View Post
    Hi Paul, I am Tassie based and don't know all of the refractory suppliers in Vic.
    I purchased through Melbourne Firebrick Co. I received good service and happily recommend them as an option if your getting pricing comparisons.
    Hi Steady,
    I have been on the Melbourne Firebrick website and they are my favourite looking ovens, They are quite pricey too, did you buy an oven kit or just the bricks?

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    Hi Paul, I am Tassie based and don't know all of the refractory suppliers in Vic.
    I purchased through Melbourne Firebrick Co. I received good service and happily recommend them as an option if your getting pricing comparisons.

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    replied
    Hi Russell,
    They are the eplans from Forno Bravo, I will be using them as a guide and will no doubt have my own modifications, I have looked at the Werribee post and will keep browsing through forums.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    I take it when you say "plans for it" you mean the eplans (free) from Forno Bravo. These are a dated but a good baseline. There have been several 1 meter ovens built but I do not know of any specific metric plans, you probably just need to use a Google standard to metric converter. Oasiscm is currently building his second oven and he is located in Werribee and he would be a good source for materials in your area. Also David S is our cast expert if you want to go this direction, he is from Townsville in Queensland, and Karangi Dude did a huge barrel oven and he is from Victoria or maybe it is NSW.

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    started a topic Hello fellow Aussies, My 1st build

Hello fellow Aussies, My 1st build

Hi Guys,
    I'm currently locked down in Vic thanks to Covid and wan't to build my own brick pizza oven, I found this website after researching ovens online, I have decided that I will build the 36" pompeii as there are plans for it and I need plans , not sure if there are metric ones anywhere though, I'm in Carrum Downs Victoria and haven't bought anything for it yet, I have made a start though, I have bought some plate steel and welded a fire wood box together and cut a hole in my retaining wall for it to be recessed into, then in the next week or two a slab will be getting put down above it.
    Just thought I would say hi and say thanks for all the information that everyone has made available which will help me a great deal.
    Cheers,
    Paul
Working...
X