Best aussie wood???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best aussie wood???

Anybody tried adding a bag of heat beads to your fire?? I have had a couple of goes, I really think it keeps a very good consistent heat, and heats the dome up fast,
    I still use wood as well,
    Cheers Gary.

Comment

Great find!!!
      / Rossco

Comment

Originally posted by Karangi Dude
        I feel like I am very lucky as I have just found a constant supply of dry hard wood.
        There is a wood turning business just 2km down the road that make handles for tools such as axes, spades, picks etc and they only use Spotted Gum. Spotted Gum is a hard wood that is dence, heavily grained and burns nice and hot. The business has a lot of off cuts free for the taking so I got a trailor load Friday and it really burns well.

Cheers Doug
        I might be a bit lucky in where I live too. Alot of farms around here still have a lot of BIG old red gums that drop a limb every now & then. The bigger stuff is perfect for inside after splitting, small I find is already dried and perfect for the oven.
        Boom Shanker! (Neil - The Young Ones)

Comment

Gudday
          Thats the thing about Aussie hardwood thats a tree fall....you only get what the termite can not eat.....so you end up with the hard best burning bit.

regards Dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Around almost all eucalypt trees you'll find fallen sticks and branches. They are not as dense as the heart wood but so easy to break up.I find this kind of wood excellent for keeping the "fire on the side" going. Pre heated in the oven entry they will catch fire almost immediately.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
            X