Hello from Calgary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Calgary

Starting my 36" pizza oven this spring, and have started exploring the FB forums again. I suspect I will be here a bunch in the months to come.

Hello from David in Calgary
    David in Calgary
    My Build Thread

Hello back, I just joined and if timing works will build an oven this summer.
    How did your build go? How is your oven holding up?

Tim.

Comment

Build is still ongoing, had to take a pause in late last summer, but back at in now that spring has arrived.

The incomplete oven was covered with a makeshift cover of plywood and though plastic sheets. I will be seeing guidance if the forum later when I get to exterior finishing, to plan best exterior to survive the snowy winter plus Chinooks here in Calgary.
      David in Calgary
      My Build Thread

Comment

Hello David from Calgary, .. I am David from Kelowna, BC. Did you finish your pizza oven yet? Upload photos to share. Us canucks have to build things a LOT more over-engineered to withstand the crazy freeze - thaw climate, don't we ?!? I made four vertical Sono-Tubes filled with concrete and R-Bar followed by a pad of 5" concrete once these sono-tubes of concrete became all set/hard. My pizza oven can now withstand a 9.9 earthquake .... My outdoor fireplace (wood-burning) has the identical set up before I built it, .... as well as my outdoor ping-pong table (not finished yet). Here are a few photos of my other projects:
        Attached Files

Comment

oops, .. that was my BBQ station (with FLAT MONGOLIAN grill on the left, .. with future 36" Santa Maria --Argentine -- Grill on the right --> once I buy it from BBQ Pit Boys / Sunterra website)

Comment

Here are a few photos of my other projects:
            Attached Files

Comment

continued

Comment

continued ....

Comment

Hello David from Kelowna. Yes I did finish the oven, at least to the point that it is functional and weather proof. Only a few last finishing touches; a decorative finish on the dome being the main one. Mostly just enjoying using it these days.
                  I have a thread about my build, I just need to find a link.
                  Here's a picture of a recent bake with some of the oven.
                  David in Calgary
                  My Build Thread

Comment

I just remembered my build thread is in my signature, but here is the link anyways

There are a whole slew of build photos and it should have up to the current state I think.
                    After years of patiently waiting to build a pizza oven, I have finally begun my journey. It has been a long while since I first found the plans on this website, and
                    David in Calgary
                    My Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X