X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bickmeier
    replied
    Re: Representing Louisiana!

Glad to hear that there are other oven nuts in the area. I'm in the process of building an oven on my patio. Except for the concrete blocks to support the bed, everything is of
    salvaged materials.
    I would like to build in the option to use a gas burner. I'm thinking of my propane brush burner aimed in a small hole in the oven wall. Since it would be lit before I put it in the oven, there should be no danger of gas build up.
    Anyone with experience or suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• kkgator
    replied

Yes, Andouille & shrimp pizza Tscar! Gainesville, FL here originally from Pensacola. Relatives in Slidell. Maybe a boudin pizza in the future or a smoked oyster pie. Good luck w/the build!

Leave a comment:

• Crawfish fest
    replied

I am building one in Killian,La
    I am near Hammond, not to far from BR.

Leave a comment:

• banhxeo76
    replied

Another WFO in Pelican State!!

Leave a comment:

• JoeyVelderrain
    replied

I am in Monroe and I got my bricks from Arkansas stone for $1.15 each. On that note I have about 20 or so left over if anyone needs some freebees.

Leave a comment:

• jpgilbertjr
    replied

Great to hear that there are WFO in CENLA. Am still in gathering stage and gor sidetracked in Fall and built outdoor kitchen instead of WFO but have plans for soon. Where did you find firebrick (inexpensive)? I have only checked Bradley Brick and they are pricey. Any suggestions for insulation blanket? Looking to hear from you soon Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Erniegarcia76
    replied

I'm down in Alexandria and have had a WFO for about a year and a half. Having fun, several other locals have them as well!

Leave a comment:

• JoeyVelderrain
    replied

I'm sure they taste delicious no matter how you spell it!

Leave a comment:

• texassourdough
    replied

Hi Joey!

I actually wrote the email with "w" and had went back and edited it, deciding to go with the global spelling as opposed to the Cajun. In either case they are "Good Eats"

I didn't think people were ready for mudbugs!
    Jay

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Give me an andouille and shrimp pizza any day.

Leave a comment:

• JoeyVelderrain
    replied

Jay, Jay, Jay buddy...
    they are crawfish with a "w" not a "y" so now you know...
    and yes, it sounds like an awesome pizza topping, gunna have to give it a whirl..

J.P. good to hear I am not alone! are in cenla are you? Alexandria?
    I have a bunch of leftover firebricks I'll sell ya cheap if you're interested.

Leave a comment:

• texassourdough
    replied

Crayfish make a fabulous topping! Little butter and garlic, tomatoes, and a light dose of thyme; or olive oil, a toudh of rosemary, and capers; or with Reinhart's white sauce (basically sauteed shallot and cream cooked down to thicken... with salt, pepper and thyme).

I'll take crayfish over gator any day!
    Jay

Leave a comment:

• jpgilbertjr
    replied

Bienvenue from Central LA!! Been looking for Louisiana WFO enthusiast and am glad to hear from you. Am not building my oven yet but plans being made for summer -fall so I can hopefully enjoy pizza during fall. Have been trying to find sources for some of materials and still looking for some. Will look forward to keeping up you...have you built yet and if so do you have pics? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• MK1
    replied

One Superbowl win and we'll never hear the end of it. No, I'm happy the Saints came through.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• JoeyVelderrain
    replied

no gators up here but gator meat is readily available
    "gator" pizza on my future menu!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X