AZ Piazzalos Unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AZ Piazzalos Unite

Going to be firing up the mobile oven and cooking pizzas for the first time tonight on the street. Got some friends and some bloggers showing up to do a dough comparison between sour dough and yeast leavened dough. If anyone wants some free pizza and to participate in the tasting feel free to stop by. 630 pm 1782 E constitution dr chandler 85225. That's ray/cooper roads in chandler.

Also, please like my facebook page: Forno Legna Catering LLC
    Last edited by j0ew1120; 06-17-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

So, let's hear about the trailer!
      Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

The oven/trailer is working great! We are in Winslow for the weekend doing the Standing on the corner festival. Hoping to sell about 400 pizzas. We have been in the prescott farmers market for a couple months now while I was getting my maricopa county permits sorted out. (Nightmare). Now that the heat is dissipating in the valley I am joining the Goodyear and anthem farmers markets coming up in a coupe weeks. The most pizzas I have sold in a day was 50 so this is my biggest gig yet. Cross your fingers for me. I'll post some pics after the weekend.

Comment

Wondering if anyone in the phx area is interested in working a pizza gig with me for fedex next Wednesday the 5th of April. My normal oven guy can't make it and I need someone to turn pizzas while I toss the dough. It would be from 2 to 7pm and would pay 100$ cash. Anyone up for the challenge?

Comment

Hi all, I'm new here. Did anyone ever meet up or end up splitting up bulk flour? I'm hoping to build an oven in my Tempe backyard over the next few months, I picked a fine time of year to start!

Comment

Originally posted by azpizzanut View Post
              Hi Chris,

Check your private messages.

I'll be searching for small mills that produce flours for artisan bakers. I'll let you know what I find.

Cheers,
              In Tucson there are a couple artisan mills that make mesquite flour as well as acorn flour, was just up in Julian, Ca. last weekend and a naturalist was telling me about them.

Jarod Kintz

My Build
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/n...ona-20937.html

Google + Link to my build

Comment

Happy Sunday to all.

I have been offline since last Thanksgiving due to family issues and now staring the journey back to having a life again - yahoo.

I have found at Walmart a flour called Navajo Pride, which is made up on the Res. It is I bleached and a nice grind. Some stores even have 25 lb bags. Not as resilient as Caputo, but bakes better than the bags from Costco and SAMs ( bot bleached.)

I will definitely be checking out the mills in Tucson this winter, seeing that broke my whisper mill last week after 12 years.

May your fires be hot!

Chris
                Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

AZ Piazzalos - Have a Napololino70 pizza oven coming from Forno Bravo in late March to Scottsdale...my understanding is it is delivered "to the curb," then I'm on my own. Having a bit of anxiety about moving it from the driveway into the backyard...assuming I'll need to rent a forklift. Anyone have any suggestions or, even better, worked with any crews who have assisted with the move/install?

It's only going on the Forno Bravo stand, so no "real" install. Any help is much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X