Oven Building This Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven Building This Week

Oven the weekend, I painted oven frames. I use Rustoleum...Red Oxide Primer, and then Flat Black Enamel. I use a small foam roller except for some nooks and crannies where I use a small spray can.

We built 3 wood and propane fired ovens this week. All three are sitting in the garage now.

The ovens shown have a rectangular chamber. They are split firebrick on the inside mortared with 3 parts type S and 2 parts fireclay.

The outside is brick veneer. Note that my wife came up with a redesign to make the oven door opening decorative. There are two full size bricks on either side of the door opening.

These ovens are gifts...I have 2 brothers and 1 sister who will be quite happy this Christmas.

These ovens are probably not as "good" as a full brick "Pompei", they have a much lower thermal mass, but probably much better insulation than most Pompeis do. However, I cannot ship a Pompei, or afford to give those away. These are designed to sit on the back porch right next to the propane grill.
    Last edited by sacwoodpusher; 12-11-2010, 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling and purpose
Working...
X