Lot's of photos of 110cm pompeii oven built in South America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lot's of photos of 110cm pompeii oven built in South America

Below is a link to an oven I designed and built in Colombia, South America (I hands on managed the build due to the local laborers not having a clue on how to do nice finish work. Note: Look at the adjacent brick walls to see the type of work these local brick layers do... sad but true). The oven is a 110 cm Pompeii style oven with a gas burner. It was built for a local restaurant located in the small pueblo (town) located about an hour and 15 minutes from the city of Medellin. The owner of the restaurant, a friend of mine, insisted on a gas fired oven so, although I had no experience with them, I contacted someone with lots of experience with specialty gas burners for pizza ovens (I contacted the same manufacturer who supplies the burners for Forno Bravo's gas ovens). Due to the high cost of their burners, plus the shipping and import duties, the restaurant owner decided to find a local tech who could custom build a burner with similar specs to the one from Italy. All in all the oven, along with the locally sourced gas burner, came out great. Note: This was the fourth oven I've built.

Note: The support slab base was designed so the oven could be moved using a forklift, as requested by the restaurant owner. This was done because he doesn't own the lot where the restaurant is currently located and he has thoughts of moving it next door where he owns the building and bakery that is currently located there.

One cool thing was that five years prior to building this oven I met the owner of the local brick factory who supplied all the materials, including the fire bricks, refractory mortar, ceramic fiberboard and the ceramic fire blanket. When I met him I was given a tour of his factory and learned the whole process of bricks. Interesting old school process.

Here's the link to the photos:

http://s268.photobucket.com/user/M_P...?sort=2&page=1
    Last edited by Satan; 10-02-2016, 04:25 PM.
    Nata S.
Working...
X