need structional advise for vermiculite concretee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need structional advise for vermiculite concretee

I`m building a outdoor fire place, pizza oven, and grill smoker combo . All separate units . My problem is on the fireplace top I will have a large chimney over the whole back ,but I wanted to have a flat surface instead of a arch in front . the size is 4ft. by 2 .and a half ft. wide . This would be the open space with block and brick on the sides . I would like to pour a concrete slab in this space . . As regular concrete would not hold up to the heat I was thinking of using a vermiculite concrete base maybe over concrete board [ would`nt care if the board deteriorated after from heat ] pour this about 3 inches thick . Then for structure pour a top coat of high strength concrete over this with re-bar reinforcing . I will also have steel angle the long way under the form .
    Any thoughts as to weather the vermiculite concrete would hold up in this application . I could go with steel sheet 1/4 inch but the heat would still transfer thru and crack regular concrete I think .. Any suggestions would be welcome . I do not have access to vermiculite board or calcium silicate board .. That might have solved the problem ..
Working...
X