Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mobile pizza oven kit anyone know of one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile pizza oven kit anyone know of one?

Hi Everyone, This past summer, my father and I built a masonry oven in my backyard. We've had a lot of fun cooking pizzas in it and we used this forum as a technical resource to guide us on our approach. We now would like to build a pizza oven in an enclosed trailer so we can sell to the public. We're trying to source an oven kit that would be optimal for this application. THat is, just for the oven, we'll figure out the trailer and how to make it certified locally. The oven we built in our backyard was brick by brick, not a pre-fab kit. Based on the threads I've read here, the brick construction is not suitable for mobile transportation due to vibrations/bumps etcs. Also, the massiveness of using perlite + concrete seems to be a negative characteristic given this application.

So I understand the less parts to assemble adn the less massive (using highly insulative blankets ) will make the oven hold up longer.

My specific question is; does anyone have experience with oven kits that meet these criteria? Lighter (due to lighter weight insulation), less pieces (due to pre-fab components), and big enough to turn out retail grade speed production, shock abosrbtion/dampening, etc?

Any other experience-based feedback would be great. I notice a lot of the "mobile" questions seems to have speculative advice without experience. Also, a lot of the ones who post about these projects seem to not follow up too much to provide a track record of how their projects have held up. This is not a criticism; maybe they're too busy selling pizza to come back, or maybe they're too depressed to talk about how it didn't work. I get that piece too. We built our first oven and it didn't work right. Made a ton of mistakes and we knocked it down and started over. Needless to say, I didn't rush back to the interwebs to tell everyone!

Merry Christmas!
Working...
X