Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Brisbane

Hi Guys,

I am looking at starting a new WFO project. This will be my second oven I have built . The first was a Pompeii oven. Unfortunately it had to stay at our last house .
    This time I am looking at the Casa2G kit and turning it into a Vesuvio oven design ( my chimney will be at the front though )
    Unlike last oven that was a stand alone on a brick stand , this oven will be on a terrace on top of a retaining wall . I have 1400mm clear space front to back and unlimited side to side. I intent to lay a 100mm slab on top of the terrace , drilling piers down to solid ground at the front. The rear is solid ground. I will have drainage and gravel around the rear and both sides.
    As my last oven was on a brick stand it did not suffer any heat loss problems through the floor. This time the slab will be on the ground with a plastic layer underneath .
    I intend to pour a second 50mm slab with plastic separating the two slabs , in the circular disc shape of the Vesuvio oven then the FB board, then the cooking floor
    So my questions are . Is heat loss going to be a problem? should I be using an insulation material under the bottom slab ?
    Has anyone attempted to build a vesuvio oven and could give me some tips on how to get the shape right?

Thank you

Matto
Working...
X