Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pompeii Style Oven on South Brazil

Hello Folks!

I started a thread more than 2 years ago regarding an indoor build I would do. It did not happened due to space issues. Finally I decided to do it outdoors. There are some space limitations, but I do believe I will do fine.

I made already the foundation and the base. The base is 160 cm x 160 cm and it is 80 cm high (63" x 63" x 31.5") and it is all the space I had available. The base is constructed against a wall and it is outside. It faces my covered patio from the left.

My idea is to create the biggest possible oven on top of it. Maybe a 42" if I am so bold? A little bit worried about the oven landing. I can expand to the sides and front use granite work supported by the side of the base. Ideas are very much appreciated at this point.

The next step is the insulation layer which I am thinking on doing with AAC blocks (60 cm x 30 cm x 10 cm each - 23.62" x 11.81" x 3.94"), covered with some refractory mortar. SilCal boards are quite expensive here. Perlite/Vermiculite cement will be a lot of more work. Please let me know your opinion on the AACs.

Ideas are welcome, I will update with photos from the base soon.

Thank you and all the best,

Rom Pereira
    rompereira@gmail.com
Working...
X