Another Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Noob

Hello all My name is Greg and I have been working on a backyard pizza oven build for the past 6 months or so. Progress would have been quicker but winter has slowed it down. I have the concrete base/ and fire brick hearth all ready to go. I am getting ready to cast the dome any day now weather permitting, hopefully this weekend. I am a complete noob when it comes to masonry work so I didn't go with bricks but I have extensive knowledge in other areas like drywall finishing. I am going to cast my oven with Mizzou refractory over a mold I made out of foam and drywall. My oven will be a lot like the mattone cupola but I have modified the dimensions. I haven't seen anybody else try to make an oven this way so I thought it would be good to share how it goes. Anyways that is all for now. I will upload picture etc. over the next little while.
    P.S. I just bought my refractory for a steal! One of the local vendors is closing his warehouse and was letting it go for $20.00 a bag. If you live in Salt Lake and were thinking about casting an oven he might still have some left.
Working...
X