Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to build a pizza oven in Melbourne

Hello everyone,

It's been a number of years since I first visited this site and requested the free plans to download. Well, Ive decided to bite the bullet and make it happen. My built will incorporate and outdoor kitchen and some basic seating.

Searches on this site and other websites I get the impression that pizza oven materials such as fire bricks and proper refractory mortar are easier to come by and better prices in the US!
    Certainly the calcium aluminate based mortar seems near on impossible to purchase in Melbourne. Fire bricks are easier to come by but the cheapest I can find in a standard brick size is around the AUS$6 per brick.

I think I will use the Lanko 156 high temp mortar for the build. It's the cheaper alternative to the proper Calcium Aluminate based mortar but I assume that many here have used it with success. This can be bought in Bunnings at around $23 per 5Kg bag.

Anyway, that's where I'm at right now. I have a 3 week trip into the outback planned in June and will start this project when I get back. Can't wait!

Simon
Working...
X