Hi all, Checking in from Northern WI USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, Checking in from Northern WI USA

I have been doing research on wood-fired ovens for a few months now, And I am going to try and get the funds to open a commercial location that specializes in wood-fired Pizza along with a few other items.

I have a few decades of commercial culinary experience under my belt (Literally), So I am not a total Noob. I am just sick of being an employee and making tons of money for someone else and watching them spend it foolishly and end up losing their business and putting hard working people out on the street due to the mistakes the management has made!
    it is that time where I need to do this for myself, and then I can hopefully get a talented crew in place 10-15 years down the road to replace me in the kitchen.

So, I hope to learn a few things here, and hopefully I will be able to share some of my knowledge too.

Where is a good starting place in the forum for a guy like me, I plan on getting a pre-fab oven, or maybe even a modular system to be built onsite depending on the building requirements.

Now, one issue I have. I would like the ovens heat to help heat the restaurant a little, It gets awfully cold up here in the winters, and I hate to see all that wonderful heat just go out the flu. I would consider backing off on the insulation, or have a heat transfer system to help heat the building when the oven is fired. Any ideas?

Thanx,
Working...
X