Ciao from Sonoma, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciao from Sonoma, CA

Hi All, Thanks for all the amazing information on this website. I've been reading these posts for the last two years now and I'm getting closer and closer to starting my build. I'm just down the road from the Forno Bravo location in in Windsor, CA which makes things pretty convenient for me. Two summers ago I did a complete backyard remodel with all new patio, redwood arbor that sits on a concrete slab and while I was framing out the slab I poured my foundation for my future Pompeii WFO. Just recently printed the Pompeii 2.0 plans and have two questions before I get started. My goal is to build the block stand and pour the hearth as step one. Then later in the summer start my build.

I want to build a 42" Pompeii (Tuscan Design) and follow the plans pretty closely. I've already poured my slab and it's dimension are 77w x 86d. Plenty big enough for a 42" oven.

My first question is what dimensions should my block stand be? I'm confused because on pg 13 it says the stand should be 65" x 78" and on pg 66 under Materials for 42" oven it say's the stand should be 72" x 84". I'm thinking the 72 x 84 is the way to go. Any thoughts?

Secondly, I was wondering why some pictures of the block stand show a course of blocks cut in half? If four 8" blocks give you your height of 32 inches tall isn't the course of half blocks going to make your height to high? I was looking at the examples of this on page 22 & 23, ex. 2.1 and 2.6.

Sorry to start firing questions off right out of the gate but I want to get off to the right start on this project.

Thx.
Working...
X