• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-wiz
    replied
    Re: Mixing/making new dough with existing dough

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
    Above recipe is not sourdough per say but it will give you a nice flavorful dough.

If you were to get a sourdough starter get it active by feeding it a couple of times and replace 100 g water and 100 g flour with 200 g starter, and then only use .5 tsp of ADY in your mix.

I like pizza dough to be less than the sour of a San Francisco sour dough, mine here in minneapolis is quite sweet so it does not overpower the pizza but you be the judge of the flavor you want.

Chip

I will try that thank you Chip

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    Brickie, i will im just trying things out.

Chip thanks for the tips that was great. Doing this would get me sourdough? Or you were saying its similar.

Thanks again
    Above recipe is not sourdough per say but it will give you a nice flavorful dough.

If you were to get a sourdough starter get it active by feeding it a couple of times and replace 100 g water and 100 g flour with 200 g starter, and then only use .5 tsp of ADY in your mix.

I like pizza dough to be less than the sour of a San Francisco sour dough, mine here in minneapolis is quite sweet so it does not overpower the pizza but you be the judge of the flavor you want.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Brickie, i will im just trying things out.

Chip thanks for the tips that was great. Doing this would get me sourdough? Or you were saying its similar.

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    I got 3 fist sized dough balls from a pizza shop near by. Ive been told since the dough has yeast u can mix that with a new batch of dough? So how much flour and ingredience do i mix with the already made dough to get more dough? Also they say you can keep a small piece in the fridge and always use it everytime you want to make new dough? Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    The technique of using old dough is similar to using a sourdough starter but if you get into that you might want to pick up Chad Robertsons book on Tartane Bread.

If you want a sourdough starter KA sells them and any baker in your area would have one ( they may not be interested in parting with it though)

I find that a 48 hour cold ferment of the pizza dough from good old ADY does the trick.

Add the following in order

700 g 80F. Degree water
    1.5 tsp ADY
    Mix with a fork
    Let sit for 20 minutes
    Add
    800 g bread flour
    200 g AP flour
    Mix for 2 min in kitchenaid mixer and let sit 10 minutes
    Add
    2 tsp salt
    2 tbs EVOO
    Mix for 6 minutes
    Bench rest for 20 minutes covered.

Place in fridge covered for up to 3 days

Remove from fridge the morning of pizza
    Shape into preferred ball size.

Place each ball in lightly oiled air tight container or place each in own oiled plastic bag or tub.

Remove from fridge 2 hours before use.

That is it.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Make your own dough its dead easy and you can make it to suit your taste.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    started a topic Mixing/making new dough with existing dough

Mixing/making new dough with existing dough

I got 3 fist sized dough balls from a pizza shop near by. Ive been told since the dough has yeast u can mix that with a new batch of dough? So how much flour and ingredience do i mix with the already made dough to get more dough? Also they say you can keep a small piece in the fridge and always use it everytime you want to make new dough? Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Working...
X