Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Pizza, 1st Pizza party & its going to be a big one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-wiz
    replied
    Re: 1st Pizza, 1st Pizza party & its going to be a big one...

Update mixed dough and not as much alcohol smell, looks good but its been slowly warming up to the 70s

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Uhhhh F... I came home to find the fridge door slightly open the fridge has not been cooling. The wife left the door open before going to work. Ahhh the dough temp is 73 it smell like alcohol has it gone bad????

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Actually, you will still want to get a good long burn, like 4 or 5 hours if you plan on cooking 20 pizzas. Heat soak that puppy, then let it ease back to 750-800. I usually cook one or 2 at 900+, 60-70 second bake then let it cool to about 750 to cook 2 minute pizzas.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    Obviously the stonecutter notices the stone countrtop. Lol, thank you.

Lol, i will take photos.
    Oh..and I did notice the travertine subway backsplash too...compliments the granite nicely I must say.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    And just as an FYI, the Classico tomatoes sold by Walmart are in actuality Stanislaus 6-1 tomatoes and they are arguably the best there is for uncooked pizza sauce. Oh and they are on sale for a buck a 28oz can.

I have tried every brand available from 5 buck a can DOP San Marzanos to all the national brands to the local brand (HEB which is what I use for cooked pizza sauce).

Do you have any expectations on how long you plan on cooking each pizza? I ask because just the tomatoes are great for sub 2 minute pizza, but cooked sauces do better for 2-6 minute pizzas.

Thanks for the info. I guess ill find out when i get the fire going, Id like to be at 750F, i dont want to have a raging fire the first time, So does that mean i shouldn't cook the sauce ahead of time?

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

I'll have to taste it to believe that...but I'm not brand loyal, I'll try pretty much anything. I'm talking about the Cento San Marzano btw.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

I like Cento as well, but the Classico/6-1 are at least three notches above them. I can get the 6-1 at Restaurant Depot, but they are in #10 cans and that is a lot of sauce.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    So it looks like im going to make more dough. 5 more people added to the list. Thats 21 people now.
    Sounds like what happens every time we have people over. You will be a pizza making machine.

Once I start noticing everyone getting full, I switch from pizza to Stromboli, and send them home with people....they are a big hit.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

I'll have to look for those (classico) next time I brave Walmart. Cento is our favorite by far...and at 3.99 a can totally worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

And just as an FYI, the Classico tomatoes sold by Walmart are in actuality Stanislaus 6-1 tomatoes and they are arguably the best there is for uncooked pizza sauce. Oh and they are on sale for a buck a 28oz can.

I have tried every brand available from 5 buck a can DOP San Marzanos to all the national brands to the local brand (HEB which is what I use for cooked pizza sauce).

Do you have any expectations on how long you plan on cooking each pizza? I ask because just the tomatoes are great for sub 2 minute pizza, but cooked sauces do better for 2-6 minute pizzas.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Burp them when you fill them, then check every day or poke a pin hole in the lid.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

So it looks like im going to make more dough. 5 more people added to the list. Thats 21 people now.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Originally posted by rsandler View Post
    Go for ones with screw-top lids if you can get them. The standard lids have an annoying tendency to pop/explode off in the fridge from the buildup of CO2 produced by the yeast.

I got some containers today. There was none with screw tops. Just got the Ziploc containers. 6 for $1.95. I got 3 packs.

Leave a comment:

• rsandler
    replied

Go for ones with screw-top lids if you can get them. The standard lids have an annoying tendency to pop/explode off in the fridge from the buildup of CO2 produced by the yeast.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Perfect thanks for the info, i am going to get small containers with lids and do that tonight

Leave a comment:

Working...
X