Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pizza Sauce Recipes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tgm
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    You will not regret it.

    Sounds good. I think I will fire mine tonite also.

    Happy eating...

    Tom in PA

    Leave a comment:


  • asudavew
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    Ok ...

    My fellow pizza lovers have convinced me.

    Tonight I shall fire my badwfo.

    Sauce shall be San Marzzano tomatoes, straight from the can - crushed - with a bit of fresh basil and maybe some black pepper and salt.

    Oh... and maybe a little crushed fresh garlic.


    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • tgm
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    Remember guys, all canned tomatoes are cooked when being processed for canning, DOP or not. Canned tomatoes do not need any additional processing. For the best true flavor on a pizza just buy the best you can afford and season minimally, you will not be disappointed.
    When we first started making pizzas 2 years ago we were taught by a master not to screw with the tomatoes, period.
    Just process for a moment or two in a food processor, that's it. Dress the pizza with the sauce, add a touch of crushed red paper flakes and finish with fresh mozzerella and basil and you will have the best pizza you have ever tasted.
    Ever time we have a pizza gathering we have at least one or two people who want the recipe for our sauce. I would give it to them but I am just to shy to actually tell them what they are craving is just good quality product.
    Most of the stores in our area carry DOP tomatoes for an average of $3 a can. Some say this is expensive but we can get at least 15 pizzas from each can so per pizza it's peanuts.
    Try it for yourself. As James said...'Simple is best'.

    Good Luck,

    Tom in PA

    Leave a comment:


  • justin_rich
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    Cool, Thank's I wish they sold like larger cans because we do so many pizza parties i could use Resturant size cans LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • DrakeRemoray
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    The Forno Bravo store sells them. Usually pretty tough to find locally.

    The real ones have a serial number and say DOP on the side...

    Leave a comment:


  • justin_rich
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    San Marzano Tomatoes? where can I get these perfect tomatoes? any store carry them or do I need to have them imported?

    Leave a comment:


  • beammeup
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    I use caned Italian tomatoes ( I think they are San marzano), oregano, a little garlic and thai fish sause instead of salt, the fish sause is anchovy based so its like adding an anchovy. I also add black pepper and sometime a chilly pepper. Sometimes I cook it for 10 or 15mins and sometimes I just mix it up and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

    Leave a comment:


  • beammeup
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    It also helps if you let it sit in the fridge overnight to let the flavours defuse.

    Leave a comment:


  • james
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    Dave,

    The high heat of your oven cooks fresh tomato sauce, along with the cheese and olive oil -- so that everything is done together, at the perfect moment. That's why you don't need a cooked sauce; though you still need great tomatoes.

    Bake hot.
    James

    Leave a comment:


  • asudavew
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    I haven't tried the tomatoes straight out of the can....

    I simmer them with fresh oregano, basil, salt, fresh cracked pepper, fresh garlic, and a quality olive oil for an hour or so.

    But I will give it a go this weekend.

    I am not a big fan of raw tomatoes or tomatoes straight out of the can, but how could my online pals be wrong about the best sauce?

    Keeping the faith.


    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • james
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    Exactly. The tricky part is that this doesn't work with your average tomato; you really need the real thing for this to work.
    James

    Leave a comment:


  • DrakeRemoray
    replied
    Re: Pizza Sauce Recipes

    I think the best is just canned San Marzano Tomatoes crused up with a little salt, pepper, fresh basil and olive oil...maybe a clove of garlic. Simple is best.

    Drake

    Leave a comment:


  • justin_rich
    started a topic Pizza Sauce Recipes

    Pizza Sauce Recipes

    Does anyone have any excellent pizza sauce recipes? I have had a horrible time getting just the "right" one... Any recipes you all can share would be appreciated!

Working...
X