• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article on N.H.'s Touched By Fire Mobile WFO

From the Nashua Telegraph:

Hot dough to go

By MARYALICE GILL Staff Writer

HOLLIS ? Dan and Christine Snyder are putting a whole new spin on ?hot wheels.?

With their new, traveling, wood-fired pizza business called Touched By Fire, that runs self-contained off the end of a 10-foot trailer, the Snyders bring a unique mobile culinary experience to fairs, festivals and private functions around the Granite State.

?We?re taking some pride in the fact that we?re kind of pioneering this business, at least taking it to this extent,? Dan Snyder, branch manager of Nashua?s Merrimack County Savings Bank, said, explaining his idea behind a portable pizza oven business.

?It?s kind of an interesting thing,? Snyder said. ?First and foremost, it?s my love and passion for cooking Italian, specifically pizza. I?ve been doing it since I was 10 or 12 years old.

?It?s also the vast appeal for pizza. It?s neither gender, race nor age specific, practically everyone loves pizza ? Also coupled with thinking about the newly emerging interest of Americans and a natural approach to things. A portable wood-fired oven has been around since the Middle Ages. That kind of conjures up some things of when life was a little simpler. We?re not talking about a lot of preservatives and additive. It really kind of has its own romance, if you will.?

Mobile food trucks are becoming increasingly popular around the U.S., but wood-fired-oven pizza trucks are relatively new, Snyder said.

Continue reading: NashuaTelegraph.com - Print Article
Working...
X