Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimney Cowls

Hi all, I would really appreciate a bit of advice;

I have built my 110cm igloo pizza oven beneath a large tree in my garden and while the location is great there can be a fair bit of downdraft down the chimney when the wind is northerly, which blows smoke out the front of the oven before it has got to temperature.

Has as anyone used an anti-downdraught cowl on their chimney and if so can you recommend a make?

Looking on line, most manufacturers like Colt who make the Top Cowl say that their cowls are ok up to 200c / 392f, but could the temp in the chimney exceed this figure when heated to Cooke pizza?

Any help / experience would be appreciated.

I looked into a Vacu-Stack cap, but decided against it. It fits onto a class A pipe, but you could work out some kind of adapter depending what you have.

Comment

Hi Rodear
      many thanks for the advice and the photo.

since posting I bought a push fit storm cowl from IQ Design in Dublin Ireland. Nice cowl but I found out that when it rains soot that has stuck to the inside edge of the cowl causes sooty drips to drip all over the oven which will stain it very quickly. So I had to remove it and will now check out the one you have suggested.

Comment

Working...
      X