Trying to use a Forno Bravo Casa2G Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to use a Forno Bravo Casa2G Gas

Good Morning- I have been lookign through the forums and there are a variety of references, but I don't see a simple beginner guide.

About a year ago, we bought an Ooni pizza oven and we have played around and made some decent pizza but really never got it right. Our pizzas have been in the oven much longer than a minute or two. Sometimes we will cook one side of the crust, flip it, then put the toppings on, and cook the other side.

We have now temporarily moved from a house to an apartment. Our Ooni is in storage, but our apartment complex has a Forno Bravo Casa2G gas pizza oven. I think the size says 100, if that matters. We fired it up and made pretty good pizza, but ultimately had it in the oven for about 10 minutes and then put it on the grill another few minutes to finish the crust. Not the way it is supposed to work, I know!!

So I really have a couple specific questions, and then I'm just curiuos if anyone has any good resources of a good "starter" place we can go for guides, tutorials, or whatever to get better at this.

We heated the oven for about 20 minutes before putting the pizza in. is that typically enough, or does it take longer?
    What temperature should I target? I will need to get another temperature gun or get mine out of storage. I know there is a target in the 800 or 900 degree range for pizza, but I'm not sure if that is the bottom of the oven or what.
    We are using recipes we find and using "00" pizza dough. We are rolling it very thin and getting it in and out ok. Any toher must-follow tips?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Working...
X