Black Olive Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Olive Bread

This is a great recipe I found online and made it this evening in the electric oven. It's pretty easy and would be suitable for doing in the WFO also.

Some have suggested adding cheese, garlic etc but for me plain was just perfect.

I used Baker's flour and had to add a number of additional spoons of it to get the consistency right. I shaped it as per the standard boule method but without the basket...

.. NJOY

Black Olive Bread

Ingredients
    410 g bread flour
    8 g active dry yeast
    25 g white sugar
    6 g salt
    70 g chopped black olives
    45 ml olive oil
    295 ml warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
    9 g cornmeal

Directions
    1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, yeast, sugar, salt, black olives, olive oil, and water.

2. Turn out dough onto a floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic, 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside, and let rise about 45 minutes, until it doubles in size. Punch down. Knead well again, for about 5 to 10 minutes. Let rise for about 30 minutes, until it doubles in size.

3. Round the dough on kneading board. Place upside down in a bowl lined with a lint-free, well floured towel. Let rise until double in size.

4. While the bread is rising for the third time, put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
    5. Gently turn loaf out onto a sheet pan that has been lightly oiled and dusted with cornmeal.

6. Bake loaf at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake for 30 more minutes, or until done.
    / Rossco
Working...
X