WTB latest Hendo tool design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB latest Hendo tool design

Please e-mail if you can help me find one of those latest hendo tools, like this indespensable tool.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

WTB latest indespensable tool design -used

To The Top....Please e-mail if you know where one of these tools is available

Lburou@aol.com
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

Comment

Re: WTB latest Hendo tool design

These tools are home built...not something you can run out and purchase.
      Hendo was an early forum member who was very meticulous with his build, developing the tool for precision. Many others have since taken the design and tinkered with it, either to improve or simply to utilize materials they already had.

Unless someone is willing to lend, trade, or sell the tool they made, you will have to make your own.

Personally, I don't see the need. You can literally have half of your dome built in the time it takes to make the tool. That said, if I could have gone to my local HD or Lowes and picked one up while acquiring materials, I probably would have.

RT

Comment

Originally posted by RTflorida View Post
        These tools are home built...not something you can run out and purchase.
        Hendo was an early forum member who was very meticulous with his build, developing the tool for precision. Many others have since taken the design and tinkered with it, either to improve or simply to utilize materials they already had.

Unless someone is willing to lend, trade, or sell the tool they made, you will have to make your own.

Personally, I don't see the need. You can literally have half of your dome built in the time it takes to make the tool. That said, if I could have gone to my local HD or Lowes and picked one up while acquiring materials, I probably would have.

RT

Thanks for your thoughts

Thing is, for my own reasons, I do see the need for this tool and don't have the means to produce it. I've seen posts here where these tools have been loaned/sold to new builders. That is what I'm looking for in this thread.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

Comment

Being a member who helped finish Paul's (Hendo) oven after his death. See

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/h...nues-3902.html

I imagine that his invaluable tool is still at his property and if you like I will contact his wife to see if it can become available for other members to use.

Neill
          Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
          Neill’s kitchen underway
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Originally posted by nissanneill View Post
            Being a member who helped finish Paul's (Hendo) oven after his death. See

www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/hendos-oven-continues-3902.html

I imagine that his invaluable tool is still at his property and if you like I will contact his wife to see if it can become available for other members to use.

Neill
            Neill, that is a wonderfully grand offer!

If we were a little closer I'd jump on it. Can you imagine that little tool getting boxed up and shipped -who knows how- to the other side of the world! Fortunately, the idea of Hendo's tool has already made the trip to this side of the world, so you don't have to send it.

If lending the tool is agreeable, then do it within that friendly nation of Australia, I'll find one a bit closer if you don't mind. I have it on good authority that there are several available here in the USA and I'll just wait for one close by.

Your offer to help is going an extra mile to help someone you don't even know, awesome character you have there in Australia.

You are a stand up guy Neill, in any case, Thanks for the offer.
            Last edited by Lburou; 12-19-2010, 08:47 AM.
            Lee B.
            DFW area, Texas, USA

Comment

Working...
            X