$.50 used firebricks in Charlotte, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $.50 used firebricks in Charlotte, NC

Just wanted to let you guys know that there's a guy in the Charlotte, NC area that has several thousand vintage firebricks available for $.50 piece. I picked up 230 of them today. They are far from perfect, quite dirty and you will most likely spend several hours cleaning/chiseling/powerwashing them, but if you're on a tight budget like myself, it may be a good choice for you. I'm plan on using the freshly cut side for the inside of my dome.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you the guy's name and number.

$.50 WoW!

Originally posted by Santino View Post
    Just wanted to let you guys know that there's a guy in the Charlotte, NC area that has several thousand vintage firebricks available for $.50 piece. I picked up 230 of them today. They are far from perfect, quite dirty and you will most likely spend several hours cleaning/chiseling/powerwashing them, but if you're on a tight budget like myself, it may be a good choice for you. I'm plan on using the freshly cut side for the inside of my dome.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you the guy's name and number.
    We used used firebricks too. It takes some extra cuts, but you can make them look good. You will find, with a little practice, you can cut most of the extra mortar with a tile saw. We tapered our bricks, so that made three sides look clean -the other sides don't matter. Just soak the bricks in a bucket of water for 15 minutes before cutting them.

I paid $1 for mine. Ended up buying new bricks for my oven floor though.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X