Fire brick for sale! 500 bricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire brick for sale! 500 bricks

I live southeast of the Denver area in Colorado. I have 500 standard sized fire bricks and maybe 20+ larger sized fire bricks (various sizes 14"x14"x2, 9"x9"x3"). I built a 42" pompeii last year and it has been wonderful, but I am not going to build another one short of an act of God catastrophe! I had pallets and pallets of these things for years from a the demolition of a foundry. Have sold them for every purpose under the sun before I built my oven. The bricks were dry stacked on inner walls of the foundry with no mortar. Have had them stored outside. I thought I would put them up here to see if there was any interest in this area for enough bricks to build a mongo oven! I really live out in the sticks, so selling smaller quantities has little appeal from a logistics standpoint. I was getting $2.00 for small quantities and less ($1.50) for larger quantities. Can send pictures.

Robert
    Before I became enlightened, I carried water. Now I am enlightened and I carry water.

Re: Fire brick for sale! 500 bricks

How much are new firebricks in Colorado? In California new Pacific Clay firebricks are $1.08 and new Muddox firebricks are $1.18.

Are prices so much higher in other parts of the country that people are buying used foundry bricks for almost twice what new bricks cost in California?

Bill

Comment

Over $2.00 per brick for 26% alumina. Are you in need of brick? Or is this just a friendly note to suggest I am way of on my price? Checked Rio Grande, Shale and Threewitt Cooper. New Fire Brick Independent seller on Craig'slist this morning.

Let me know if this satisfies your question.

Robert
      Before I became enlightened, I carried water. Now I am enlightened and I carry water.

Comment

I'm am in need of firebrick (that's why I looked at your ad to begin with).. That being said, I don't need many more and I'm sure it wouldn't make sense to ship it from Colorado.

But to answer your real question, I have no idea if your price is way off. If I knew your price was way high I would have simply said so.

The reason for the post was that I was blown away that used firebrick was going for two dollars or a buck fifty. But if that's a fair price, so be it. I had no idea that there was such disparity of price from one part of the country to another. But if that's the deal, and it's a reasonable price, then it is what it is.

Bill

Comment

Working...
        X