Wanted mobile unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted mobile unit

Hello all. Am new to the site and could use some help. I am looking at getting a fully functioning unit. Just like the one posted here 12-11-2011 (mobile unit for sale 20k wa state). If anyone might know of or could help steer me in the direction of that would be great. Thanks again.

Re: Wanted mobile unit

Hi,
    I have a unit, but not like the one from WA. Mine is an open trailer with the oven mounted over the tandem axles.

I am asking $14K for mine. You can email me for more info and pictures. bobwatts@windstream.net.

I am about to repost it here. I am looking to go brick and mortar. Here is what I posted previously and will post here again:

I have a Modina 120 mounted on a trailer. I purchased it back in April and have used it at numerous events, festivals, catering and non-profit. It has turned out better than I anticipated, the FB oven is a real workhorse. I truly love this oven.

Now, I am looking at the next stage of my business and believe it will involve a fully enclosed trailer. At this point, I do not really need two ovens and am kicking around selling it.

The trailer is 15' long, has two torsion axles with electric brakes. The overall set up will weigh just under 5000 lbs., so you will want to consider a F150 or 1500 series vehicle for towing (1/2 ton). I have had it out often since spring, but we are only talking 6 months, so the tires are still have a lot of miles remaining on them. There is a large, open storage area in front of the oven (the mouth of the oven faces to the rear). I use that area for wood, coolers, metal racks, tools, etc.

My oven is very well built. I used a builder in NC who was building fire brick ovens. The Modena is 4" thick. Above the oven is a thick layer of perlite and below is 5" of concrete. Once you bring it up to temperature (700 on the floor) and keep it there for a few hours, you have enough retained heat to cook for the next two days as long as you keep the door shut. I have the regular FB door as well as a travel door that bolts in place.

This is a great opportunity for someone considering getting into the business as I have or for a pizzeria who wants to begin offering catering services. The latter will likely not need help, but if you are just starting out, I will be happy to help you in any way I can. There are mistakes I have made, events that I have gotten into, etc. that I will help you not make. There are some key items that will make your life much easier.

I live in N. GA, just south of Chattanooga, TN.

I am asking $14000 for my set up.

Comment

Hey There. I need to sell my Mobile Unit ASAP:

Wood-fired Pizza Food Truck One-of-a-kind

Thanks!

Comment

Hi All

I'm looking for a mobile unit for here in the UK

Comment

Working...