Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Wine

Thank you George and Duke

You're right, its the wrong time of year for this subject really, I figured I'd ask again once the blackberries start getting ripe. But this certainly sounds like something I have to try!
    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Here is a cheap red wine. Better then nothing.

Comment

WOW! And it's clearly marked as such. Mannextdoor, how much is that? Less than 2 buck chuck? My wife bought a bottle the other day called "Oops" - they nailed it, tasted like crap.

Les...
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Personally, give me one of cvdukes plain brown jugs.....now thats some drinking, there. Thats down home good ole boy country style.

cv, not a knock on your wine or vessels.......I love those JUGS

(sorry didn't mean to bring up XJs somewhat suggestive thread...ok, maybe I did...couldn't resist)

RT

Comment

Originally posted by RTflorida View Post
            Personally, give me one of cvdukes plain brown jugs.....now thats some drinking, there. Thats down home good ole boy country style.

cv, not a knock on your wine or vessels.......I love those JUGS

(sorry didn't mean to bring up XJs somewhat suggestive thread...ok, maybe I did...couldn't resist)

RT
            innuendo and out the other.....
            sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

The price of the Cheap Red Wine was $7.00 In Hawaii this past January. And for Hawaii that was as cheap as it got and to still be able to drink it. Really wasn't all that bad. I have had much worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                WOW! And it's clearly marked as such. Mannextdoor, how much is that? Less than 2 buck chuck? My wife bought a bottle the other day called "Oops" - they nailed it, tasted like crap.

Les...
                Just checked out you pictures. WOW Your self. What a great job. Just started clearing a place for kitchen with WFO. Will start posting some photos soon. Will include some before photos as well.

Mannextdoor

Comment

I have found the "black box wines" to be pretty good value....works out to 4 or 5 bucks a bottle....caution though, it pours easy!

Comment

Is black box wine the name? Does it come in a box or in bottles? Does it come in red & white? Where should I look for it? Never heard of it before.

Comment

Yes the name is Black Box and it comes in a black box.

Red and white, about 6 varities. I like the Cab and the Merlot and also comes in some whites like chardonnet. (I'm a red guy)

I buy at Meijer in the midwest, Publix? in Florida....seen it in a lot of grocery stores...priced from $18-26

Jim

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I haven't tried any box wine in some years. I am a red man myself. With the taxes up so high on alcohol, It's hard to find a good reasonably price wine. Is the Midwest here & Florida there? If so where is here?

Mannextdoor

Comment

Okay, you guys,

Where's the barter end of the equation? Currently, I have on hand fresh herbs from Joeengineer, pecans from Dave (not many left, too good) and White Lily Flour from Dutch. This is all prime material I can't get here. It's a good way to go, so get cracking.

Jim
                          "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Originally posted by mannextdoor View Post
                            Thanks for the tip. I haven't tried any box wine in some years. I am a red man myself. With the taxes up so high on alcohol, It's hard to find a good reasonably price wine. Is the Midwest here & Florida there? If so where is here?

Mannextdoor
                            It's either here or there, just depends on your perspective

I'm your neighbor in Michigan but I like to hang out in Spain

have you ever been to Sams wines in Chicago? I think it's the largest wine store in the world......

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckJim View Post
                              Okay, you guys,

Where's the barter end of the equation? Currently, I have on hand fresh herbs from Joeengineer, pecans from Dave (not many left, too good) and White Lily Flour from Dutch. This is all prime material I can't get here. It's a good way to go, so get cracking.

Jim
                              Patience CJ, I am bringing you a nice paella pan, hopefully a home delivery
                              Maybe some local rice and smoky paprika as a bonus....
                              XJ

Comment

Originally posted by Xabia Jim View Post
                                It's either here or there, just depends on your perspective

I'm your neighbor in Michigan but I like to hang out in Spain

have you ever been to Sams wines in Chicago? I think it's the largest wine store in the world......
                                Jim I bought a black box of the cab yesterday. Pretty good. My taste run a little dryer than that. I am going to be in Chicago this weekend for the Kitchen & Bath show. I don't know if I'll have time to look up the Sams wines. I pulled them up online to get an address. They have several locations. Do you have a favorite location?

Mannextdoor

Comment

Working...
                                X