Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingredients in the Back Yard

Otherwise known as a garden.

It's almost spring planting time here. I didn't plant any early spring veggies but I can't wait until I can poke tomatoes into a container (I'm experimenting with gallon size plastic bottles as a homemade version of Topsy Turvy TM). This weekend I'm hoping to plant blackberries - I love blackberries!

So, what's up in your gardens?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Re: Ingredients in the Back Yard

I'd suggest planting your tomatoes in ground. Their roots go deep, they just don't do as well in containers.
    Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

And basil beside the oven.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

" This weekend I'm hoping to plant blackberries - I love blackberries! "

PLANT BLACKBERRIES ??????

Wow...here in the Northwest they are frequent and unwanted weeds that must be attacked with goats and deadly chemicals
        Last edited by brokencookie; 04-02-2010, 02:06 PM. Reason: Quote problems
        Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Comment

Rosemary, Thyme, Dill, and Chiltepin , plus volunteer Serrano, Tabasco, and Cayenne peppers.

Comment

I hope to get tomatoes going that'll really produce this year. Basil is a no brainer, but tomatoes.. I think the May June July weather, what we call "June Gloom" locally, keeps the soil temps a bit on the low side and the moisture of this foggy weather along the coast is perfect for mold.. I started a thread in the local section to see what others in my area have real sucess with.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by trockyh View Post
              I'd suggest planting your tomatoes in ground. Their roots go deep, they just don't do as well in containers.
              No can do - tomatoes don't do so well when trounced by over-exuberant dogs, either.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by brokencookie View Post
                " This weekend I'm hoping to plant blackberries - I love blackberries! "

PLANT BLACKBERRIES ??????

Wow...here in the Northwest they are frequent and unwanted weeds that must be attacked with goats and deadly chemicals
                We have kudzu - blackberries are considered a minor nuisance in comparison.

I'm perfectly willing to attack wild blackberries with a bucket!

[/CENTER]

Comment

Hi,
                  Thank you sharing with me. i really looking for such search process.
                  cartier rolling ring earrings,cartier love earrings online on sale and we design a cartier c logo .
                  Cartier Jewelry
                  cartier pens

Comment

Originally posted by Archena View Post
                    Otherwise known as a garden.

It's almost spring planting time here. I didn't plant any early spring veggies but I can't wait until I can poke tomatoes into a container (I'm experimenting with gallon size plastic bottles as a homemade version of Topsy Turvy TM). This weekend I'm hoping to plant blackberries - I love blackberries!

So, what's up in your gardens?
                    How did the topsy turvy experiment turn out?

Ours made plants but no zucchini, and a few small tomatoes. Not doing that again...
                    Lee B.
                    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Pretty much the same here. Hard as heck to keep watered, too. To be fair, I had a cutworm attack so they didn't have a great shot but the plants never looked as good as the ones grown normally. I may try a variation with strawberries but no more upside down planting for me, wither.

[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                      X