Gastric Banding and Pizza??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gastric Banding and Pizza??

Hello all...just wondering if any of you out ther have a gastric band (lap band or realize band) and can still eat pizza?

I had my surgery on July 15 and I'm doing well have lost 7 pounds so far! I just want to know how you are tolerating pizza. We use the oven for so much more than pizza so all is not lost and I will still be able to enjoy foods cooked in the WFO
    Check out our blog for a glimpse into our hobbies of home brewing, soda, beer and wine, gardening and most of all cooking in our WFO!

http://thereddragoncafe.blogspot.com/

Re: Gastric Banding and Pizza??

First off, congrats on the procedure!

I had a gastric bypass which isn't the same thing so your mileage may vary.

At first carbs are NOT your friends. Since LB is less radical you will probably be a lot more tolerant than I was. Still, bread fills you up like few other things so you and crust may not be on speaking terms right at first. As you go along you will be able to tolerate bread better - just don't over do it. Let the pup have the outer edge to begin with. Eventually, you will be able to eat a slice - maybe two little ones if they are small enough.

Don't despair - there will be pizza again! It just may be a while.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
    X