Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So cold.....

So cold.....

Its dropped to about 13c here and I feel so cold, Im shivering......we have the wood heater going in the lounge room but still.....so cold.....
    Ill have to break out the thermal underwear....
    Last edited by brickie in oz; 05-09-2011, 12:33 AM.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Re: So cold.....

Yes, It's starting to get cold here too. Our min. temp was down to 21 C today.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

that temp is my summer in ireland never gets to hot . the last time it went above 25 wood of been 1983. we have rain near all year and when sun pops out we get a hose ban..... rain is better than cold anyday:

Comment

Just starting to warm up nicely hear. Working on getting the garden in and making plans for the WFO. My WFO is under a tarp and not real weather tight yet so I need to plan my use around the rain. I plan to build a cover soon so that rain will not influence it's use. Stay warm guys.

Comment

Come on Brickie, where's your fighting spirit?
          You and all of us Aussies are spoiled with the meditteranean climate. Go over to the northern US states, Canada or northern Europe and experience the snow and ice.
          At least we can use our ovens all year round when they are severely restricted.
          It is getting cool over here and I need to think about cutting some wood for the heater if i want a nice warm rumpus room to work in over winter.

Neill
          Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
          Neill’s kitchen underway
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Originally posted by nissanneill View Post
            Come on Brickie, where's your fighting spirit?
            At 6.30 in the morning when its 3 degrees C and dark I dont have any...

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Was 97 F here two days ago :hot again today:

The best weather here is between the summer and winter. Having lived in Wyoming, Montana and Alaska for 50 years, we enjoy the long growing season here in Texas, along with a very mild winter by comparison. But, it can get real hot

Are your Australian snakes active in the cold?
              Lee B.
              DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lburou View Post

Are your Australian snakes active in the cold?
                Nah only when its warm, even then you hardly see any, I go out metal detecting the old gold fields a lot and rarely see snakes.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

hi brickie how.s things. thats a good life you have there with your heat and your snakes . thank god for st patrick. but think wen he drove out snakes from eira he also took out heat .. plenty snake.s hear now but two legged kind

Comment

Australian snakes are some of the most venomous in the world, but..........theres always a but..
                    They are an ancient type of snake and didnt evolve hollow fangs to deliver the venom where its needed.

Instead they have the older model fang with a groove down the back so have less chance in delivering the venom into the bite site..

Strange but true.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

have you every found any gold in them there hill.s. a mate of mine found a roman gold coin on his land in wexford .when he went to find out about it.... it was taking off him and he was given 200euro . he looked on the net to see could he find one and seen same one .it.s was priced at 5,000sterling . not that you can buy them as they belong to country you find them in . well hear in this one anyway

Comment

Not surprising about the confiscated coin. Strange how the policies that were designed to protect antiquites has ended up with a significant percentage of people not reporting finds (either because of outright confiscation or compensation way out of line with an items real world value).

Bests,
                        Wiley.... living where yesterday made the sixth day so far this year with a temperature over 60 degrees. But at least it wasn't raining!

Comment

Ive only found a few small pieces of gold, plenty of native silver though.
                          Ive found loads of old pennies and trinkets too.

They dont have them stupid treasure trove laws over here.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                          X