cleaning pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning pots

Was cleaning the inside oven and was looking for tips on cleaning the racks.

Turns out ammonia on a cloth, throw it and the racks in a garbage bag and let them sit over night. The next day the stuff on the rack wipes right off!

So.... I have some terracota and some abused corningware that are badly soiled. I threw them in a bag with the ammonia - left them for a little more than overnight. It worked like a champ!!! All I had to do is wipe them off. The corningware looked like new and the terracotta kept it's nice used look (only without the big brown spots....)

All the best!!
    Last edited by christo; 02-01-2007, 05:48 PM.
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic

Re: cleaning pots

Hmm. Reckon that would work for a pizza stone?

Comment

Re: cleaning pots

Interesting....I use ammonia to clean the glass on the woodstove....works pretty well and that's a baked creosote, I think.

We've found that the terracotta cleans up pretty well just by soaking it.

As far as pizza stone..??..put it in a white hot pizza oven and I'll bet it will brighten up. Have you ever tried putting something like that in a self cleaning oven when cleaning? How hot do they get anyway...

I don't do well with the dishes....I think this one was terraced cleaning))
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
      X