Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swamp people

Any Lousiana Cajuns on the forum?
    I've been watching Swamp People. I love that show. "Shoot im liddibet, shootim" has become a very common saying here in the arid lands.
    I'd sure like to see how it would go if they came over here fishing for the big saltwater crocodiles.
    (On the show, Troy Landry caught a record 13 foot gator. 13 feet is an average saltie.) They'd surely need bigger guns, and bigger boats.

Re: Swamp people

Originally posted by wotavidone View Post
    ....(On the show, Troy Landry caught a record 13 foot gator. 13 feet is an average saltie.) They'd surely need bigger guns, and bigger boats.
    And, bigger *^?))s*
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by wotavidone View Post
      Any Lousiana Cajuns on the forum?
      I've been watching Swamp People. I love that show. "Shoot im liddibet, shootim" has become a very common saying here in the arid lands.
      I'd sure like to see how it would go if they came over here fishing for the big saltwater crocodiles.
      (On the show, Troy Landry caught a record 13 foot gator. 13 feet is an average saltie.) They'd surely need bigger guns, and bigger boats.
      I'm not AKC registered (only 25%), and not from South Louisiana (my mamma jo {grandmother) was but, I am just wondering. Do ya'll eat crocodiles .
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Yep a bit dry tho
        Cheers
        Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

And their hides make great leather products!
          Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
          Neill’s kitchen underway
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

AKC registered is just a joke. American Kennel Club . Coonass is a local term for a cajun which is slang for French Acadian. It can be a good or bad term. I think it started out pretty much derogatory though. Some cajuns are proud to be called a coonass. Some ain't. It's kind of like some of us rednecks . As for as an outsider using the term it just depends on who you are talking to, how you say it, and how well you are accepted by them.
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by wotavidone
              I've decided that maybe I'm watching this show just a bit too much. On the weekend, I was looking for my youngest son, and I called out "Boy, where you at?"
              So far South I could see penguins.
              .....hahaha love it! and as for the bogan description, leave my mullet out of this thread thanks very much!!
              Boom Shanker! (Neil - The Young Ones)

Comment

Yeah we have a mullet down here that comes from The Coorong, its great fresh - fried or smoked.

Also there is a a 3rd kind of mullet....... a "blind mullet"......... Aka a #2
                Cheers
                Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Around east Texas a mullet is a haircut worn by rednecks. It's short in the front and long in the back. The phrase is that it's " business up front and party in the back". ! Lol.
                  Shelley
                  I had no idea that swamp people aired in Australia. A friend of mine is staring in a new show about " noodling". They start filming in a couple weeks. It will be on Animal Planet. Do they do that down under? Really odd way to fish!

Comment

Here it is Wotavidone,

Outback Hunters

Sorry about the post and delete. It was one of my P.U.I.'s . I had second thoughts about the wording after a couple of days with no responses .

Comment

Thank's Wotavidone,
                      The deletion was a D.U.I. .

I gotta check this trailer out, but I reckon it can't be as good as swamp people.
                      I'm not so sure about that. The trailor looks pretty interesting to me. From what I have seen of the History Channel's production of Swamp People, I do believe that they will have another hit, as far as intertainement goes. We just have to remember that with TV ratings: it doesn't have to be true, it just has to be intertesting .

Gator season in Louisanna is only 30 days. It is not as much a "way of life" as the History Channel represents, as it is a way of supplementing an income, or in most cases, a sport.

Firearms ownership is viewed with great suspicion
                      That, I am sorry to hear. Our founding fathers in the US gave us the right to bear arms. Yet, the liberals in the US try unceasingly to strip us of that right, so only that the criminals will have guns.

I hope this doesn't sound cliche', but they will get my gun when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

The ferals, such as deer, camel, pigs and goats, can be shot legally, but unless you are lucky enough to be in a particular shooting club that gets a chance to help with a cull in a national park, you aren't going to get to do it unless you can strike up a relationship with a private landholder.
                      Much of the land that I hunted on when I was growing up is now hunting club land. At least I can still hunt the few acres that I have and try to find an unoccupied place in the National Forrest.

This turned into a little bit of a rant . Not a P.U.I.........well,..... maybe a little buzzed .

Keep enjoying the Swamp People, I will also. I am sure that the Hunters of the Outback will be just as intertaining.
                      Last edited by Gulf; 10-11-2012, 05:06 AM. Reason: sleeveless

Comment

Wotavidone,
                        Have you had a chance to check out the trailor yet?

Outback hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wotavidone
                          Hey I finally got to watch it. Very confusing, especially since, as far as I know, croc huntinmg is illegal in Oz.
                          That kind of goes along with "my understanding" of the History Channel's production of Swamp People, here in the US........It doesn't have to be true, it just has to be interesting .

But, I still watch it all the same .

Comment

I saw the 1st episode of Hunters of the Outback last night. It was pretty cool. As far as I can figure out, they can only hunt rogue crocks with a license from the gov.

Comment

Working...
                            X