Tuscan Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuscan Grill

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Tuscan Grill should be seasoned before use?

I know that I always oil up my grill before I BBQ but with cast iron i think it should be seasoned.

Anyone please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Re: Tuscan Grill

Alot of the cast iron is pre-seasoned, as they call it. I would still spray some olive oil or cooking oil and get her hot to be sure. The seasoning builds from the foods you cook on it so don't wash it too good or you will might remove some of the coating that you are trying to get that will build up over time. sounds kinda nasty, but keep the grill somewhere so dirt wont stick to it and the heat and fats will take care of the rest. HTH
    Texman
    Texman Kitchen
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Kinda thought so, thanks for the advice, I will put lots of good flavors on that grill.

Cheers,

Comment

Hey J. P.

Where did you get your Tuscan grill from the net or in Sudbury?

Your ol buddy from the crushing plant.
        Live life like you're dying....without going bankrupt

Comment

Hey D.L the crushing Plant Buddy Lol.

I bought it in Barry Lions head 369 Mapleveiw West. It cost 60 bucks and is awsome. I also bought all the forno bravo oven tools aswell. All in all I droped about 600 bucks.

Cheers,

Comment

should you be concerned about oil/grease/fat dripping from a tuscan grill through the coals to the wfo floor at all?

was told not to try and not allow any liquid, including water, get on the floor of the pizza oven.

Comment

Tuscan Grill is fantastic. I seasoned mine with shortening., but Im sure it will season itself over time. Like Texman said, just coat with some olive oil before each use.

I wouldn't worry about getting small amounts of liquids on floor (as long as the oven is hot). They will evaporate immediately. Drippings from steaks get cooked away. You want to avoid liquids when floor is cold and the moisture can soak into bricks.
              Last edited by jeeppiper; 09-20-2012, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Man that looks GOOD! i can almost smell those steaks.
                Texman Kitchen
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Hey Joey Oz, JeepPiper has it covered and I just did steaks the other day totaly awsome. There are some oil or jjuice stains but the next time I do Pizza that will get burnt off.

Cheers
                  Last edited by That's Amore; 09-22-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

I think a seasoning of olive oil would be great and make the food taste delish as well

Comment

Tuscan Grill? You just might have the best ever, sitting next to your oven? Those of you who have a gas bbq, (especially an older one) will have a well seasoned cast iron grill and griddle. If you do, your Tuscan can be better than anything you can buy, because it adjustable. Using one fire brick under each side of the grill and you cook with the radiated heat from the floor and reflected heat from the roof. If you stack the bricks two or three high, its in an ideal smoke saturated zone for slow smoking(great for turkey, pastrami, pulled pork, brisket, venison, wild boar). Boy I just love my WFO, glad I didn't have one in my 20's or I'll be as fat as a blood filled tick.

Comment

You are correct, I could have used the BBQ grill but when I went to purchase all my pizza tools I seen the grill and could not resist not buying it. So I have to agree with you on the fact that I to am glad that I didn't have my oven in my 20's, its only been 3 yrs and I aready over weight. LOL

Cheers,

Comment

I made two Tuscan grills out to the grates off of a BBQ grill that a neighbor was tossing out.

I cut two of the bars off of one of them so they nest for storage.

And yes it is fall here as evidenced by the leaves on the patio.

Chip
                          Last edited by mrchipster; 10-01-2012, 10:54 AM.
                          Chip

Comment

They look great, Chip.
                            I've got two of my own that I was planning on setting on bricks. I like the idea of permenant legs. From what kind of stock did you make the attachments for the bolts?
                            Last edited by Gulf; 10-01-2012, 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling
                            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                              They look great, Chip.
                              I've got two of my own that I was planning on setting on bricks. I like the idea of permenant legs. From what kind of stock did you make the attachments for the bolts?
                              They are a rectangular nut that i got in a box of stuff I picked up at an auction when purchasing some shelving, the shelving came with misc. contents.

They jam into the slot of the grate perfectly.

I could send you some if you would like I have several. They are about .625 X 1 and .375 thick.

send me a private message if you are interested. on the bottom is just a large washer and nut.

Chip
                              Chip

Comment

Working...
                              X