X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tuscan Grill

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    They look great, Chip.
    I've got two of my own that I was planning on setting on bricks. I like the idea of permenant legs. From what kind of stock did you make the attachments for the bolts?
    Hi Gulf,

Please try your with bricks a few times before mounting legs, its much more versatile than permanent legs especially if you do a verity of cooking.(grilling, slow cooking, smoking.)Plus storage is easy and less space consuming.

Comment

Thanks Chip, the PM has been sent .
      I am tired of fabricating .
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I made one the same, about 4 years ago, from an old BBQ grill, but I didn't need to use any fancy nuts, just a nut each side of the grill works ok.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
          I made one the same, about 4 years ago, from an old BBQ grill, but I didn't need to use any fancy nuts, just a nut each side of the grill works ok.
          They look great too, David .
          But, Chip's nuts are recessed and out of the way............... Sort of like mine,.....in cold weather .
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Gulf,

Be careful! I was served with a warning a few days ago for making, what I imagined being an innocent joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
              Gulf,

Be careful! I was served with a warning a few days ago for making, what I imagined being an innocent joke.
              With all respect to you Laurentius, I do appreciate the warning. I did not know that FB was wound that tight . But, if I am served...... I guess I will just lurk .... It won't be the first P.U.I. that got me kicked off of a forum .

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
                Hi Gulf,

Please try your with bricks a few times before mounting legs, its much more versatile than permanent legs especially if you do a verity of cooking.(grilling, slow cooking, smoking.)Plus storage is easy and less space consuming.
                The nice thing abut the Carriage Bolts is that they can be removed easily, can adjust to any height, and also be placed on top of bricks.

Gulf... Currently P.U.I. (Brandy Manhattan, Sweet, Rocks, with Olive)

Nuts in the mail, will go tomorrow USPS. Small padded envelope.

OOPS.... I should not have said Nuts...OOPS said it again

Chip
                Last edited by mrchipster; 10-01-2012, 07:27 PM.
                Chip

Comment

Thanks Laurentius,
                  Since one fills up the entry/firplace area by itself, I might try one with legs and one without for a while. I was thinking of times when I would be stacking them for smoking etc.

Thanks Chip,
                  I'm not very familar with many mixed drinks. Somebody handed me a light beer once. I think that they are mixed with water ..........

Comment

Thank you very much, Chip.
                    They came in the mail today. I did a trial fit on the old grills. They will work great .

Comment

Thank you very much, Chip.
                      They came in the mail today. I did a trial fit on the old grills. They will work great .
                      Glad to help.

Chip
                      Chip

Comment

They look great too, David .
                        But, Chip's nuts are recessed and out of the way............... Sort of like mine,.....in cold weather .
                        In Australia we call a freezing day "spanner weather"
                        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                          In Australia we call a freezing day "spanner weather"
                          As if I had to ,........ I looked it up : .....spanner weather......... And for a at least a couple of drinks,..... I was actually proud of myself for not replying.: Got my nuts in the mail today .
                          Last edited by Gulf; 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Got my nuts in the mail today .
                            That is great news! Hopefully they can re-attach them. Where was she when they were mailed back to you?
                            Check out my pictures here:
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                              That is great news! Hopefully they can re-attach them. Where was she when they were mailed back to you?
                              Vegas, Carson City, somewhere in Nevada, atleast .

Comment

Vegas, Carson City, somewhere in Nevada, atleast .
                                Sorry if it was out of line - sometimes you see a statement and you have to run with it. In regard to the grill - EVERYONE with an oven should have one. Great things can be made...
                                Check out my pictures here:
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X