• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather in Thunder Bay

City of Thunder Bay
    3:41 PM EST Saturday 3 February 2007
    Wind chill warning for
    City of Thunder Bay continued

Extreme wind chill values for tonight and Sunday morning.

This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

All snowsqualls have shifted southwards out of the regions.

A very cold Arctic airmass has settled over northwestern Ontario. Combined with winds up to 15 km/h this will result in wind chill values in the minus 40 to minus 47 range for most of Northern Ontario tonight and Sunday morning.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Re: Weather in Thunder Bay

Yikes that sounds cold.

It's really cold here as well. We'll only get up to postive 42 F today.....
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic

Comment

Versachi,

Well, the good news is that the groundhog didn't see his shadow, so we're almost out of it? I'm feeling lucky in southern Ontario, only -15 overnight, with high winds that blew out the pilot light on my water heater. Firing now for ciabatta later. BRRRR.

Jim
      Last edited by CanuckJim; 02-04-2007, 07:14 AM. Reason: inaccuracy
      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

All,

Nothing about the weather, again. I suppose that many of us cast our lines pretty far looking for recipes of all kinds, and the net lets us go global. Problem is, sometimes I at least get caught up in weight conversions that can deliver ready made mistakes when going from metric to imperial or vice versa. Here's a site for the math challenged out there: weight conversion - kilograms, pounds, grams, ounzes @ metric conversions . org. Just found it, and it's already saved my skin.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Brrrr - that is cold So you don't do baking in the skivvies eh?

Seems like you need a Hogan's Hero Solution to get from the house to the oven. Oh bummer forgot about that high water table. Maybe the Bridges of Ontario.

Coversions are always a stumbling block especially when one part of the world measure bas mass and another uses force. I have been using a program by Josh for the last 10 or so years. I put an Icon on my window that launches the program quickly. Convert @ joshmadison.com
          Last edited by jengineer; 02-05-2007, 11:33 AM.

Comment

We finally had a break in the weather in Denver (we have had tons of snow and no warm weather to melt it), it got up to 50 degrees so I fired and baked some sourdough (using the new mixer as well). Very satifsying. It did take an extra 15-20 mins to get the dome white. I suspect because it has been so cold...
            My Oven Thread:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

We have travelled from Florence (30s), to DC (20s) to Monterey, CA (hit 70 yesterday). That's a shock to the system.
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

not to mention jet lag, dehydaration and tons of mail

Comment

Working...
                X