Bright side of Sandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright side of Sandy

As I sit in my house and feel the wind shake the walls. The news says 50mph + winds and it has been snowing all day. Sounds like a freight train out there. It's dark out now so I don't know if I have any trees down or roofs missing on my out buildings or the roof over my oven. I have some huge old silver maples just feet from the house and I always worry they will crush the house in any big wind.

So put all the worry aside and I know I will have a good wood supply for the oven once the wind dies down. I just hope it's not the wreckage from my house.

I don't like big winds.

Re: Bright side of Sandy

Hi Faith.
    Strong winds are my biggest concern too, we dont get cyclones where we are but it sure makes up for it.
    Some years back we had weeks on end of howling winds, most notable at night as you are trying to sleep.
    It all culminated with a horrendous bush fire and 60 mph winds.

Stay safe.

PS.
    After a big wind I always go bush looking for fallen trees to feed the oven.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Faith, I see you are on line. Been watching the news all morning and it looks pretty bad. At least you have power, 7.5 million homes do not. Did you get any damage?
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

No damage to speak of. Some things got blown about but nothing serous. Yes we still have power but I'm on the main line so they get to us quickly. I also have a large generator if power goes out for too long.

I have lots of family in the path of Sandy and still waiting for word from them.

What a mess!

Comment

I just saw the news about the aftermath of Sandy, all I can say is.....farrrrout.....

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Al, my friend (farrrout), you are in a time warp! Today's expression is (awesome),WETF that means.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
              Al, my friend (farrrout), you are in a time warp! Today's expression is (awesome),WETF that means.
              I originally wrote....faaaaaarck....but toned it down.
              Last edited by brickie in oz; 10-31-2012, 02:02 AM. Reason: speeling

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Wakata! =I understand(in Japanese).

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
                  No damage to speak of. Some things got blown about but nothing serous. Yes we still have power but I'm on the main line so they get to us quickly. I also have a large generator if power goes out for too long.

I have lots of family in the path of Sandy and still waiting for word from them.

What a mess!
                  Faith, glad you made it through the big blow, because of your event, here in the midwest it has been sunny and 50F for a few days now. we are in some kind of weather holding pattern due to Sandy.

Hoping your family is well, and you hear from them soon, I also have family in the area and they are still out of power but they have a generator so no lost food. They did have a few trees down on their lot.

Chip
                  Chip

Comment

Hi Faith,
                    We hope you and your family are able to stay safe during this terrible storm. Our thoughts are with everyone on the East Coast.

Comment

Eastern Pennsylvania here...with regard to Sandy, all I can say is WOW What a storm!!! That was an unbelievable storm. I drew comfort knowing that if all power was out for extended periods, and the food supply chain was disrupted....that I could at least keep my friends and family well fed with lots of delicious pizza and bread!

Comment

Working...
                      X