Selling the family farm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling the family farm.

This is a very sad post for me. My parents have put the family winery up for sale. My parents started from scratch in 1979, and are now splitting the sheets and going their seperate ways.. It was always my dream to become a successful and wealthy filmmaker, and buy the farm from them.. Time is running out fast.. Check it out at worldbeautyspot.com

Re: Selling the family farm.

Hey Nick. That's terrible. I'm very sorry.

It's an absolutely beautiful place. There is no way to work out a plan to keep it in the family?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I'm trying to find an investor to buy a half stake. I just don't know how into that my Dad is.. He's kind of stubborn. Anthony La Paglia has expressed a little interest.. We just sold this year's pinot and Chard to an unnamed buyer for sparkling. We got a thousand a ton over premium price under the proviso that we don't know who the buyer is... Unbelievable fruit.

Comment

Do you have a financial guy you trust?
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Wow, that sucks big time.

My parents about called it quits at 25 years. I rememeber asking dad why he stays with her. Looking back that was quite a mean thing to say.

bummer to hear and see this
          Last edited by jengineer; 02-19-2007, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Red,

Personally, I do everything I possibly could to prevent the sale. If that means going out on a financial limb (with pro advice), I'd do it. I've been involved in some similar family things, and all I have left now are regrets.

Keep yer chin high.

Jim
            "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Beautiful place Nick...Tasmania, that's pretty neat too! I'm in Javea having bought the "family farm" from the family estate after my parents died. I have three brothers..... anyway it was a major effort to buy the house my parents built but there is also a feeling of "home" that comes with keeping it in the family. Good luck if you find a way to swing it.

Jim
              sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

One of my favorite things about this forum, is it's inactivity on the weekends. It reassures me that in numerous locales a'plenty, folks are cooking wood burned food, and generating memories to share.

Harvest is going down in the southern hemisphere. Our Pinot and Chard went to premium sparkling this year. Most regions took a hit this year weather wise. Being that our location is impervious to frost, due to the deep water estuary and east facing block, the fruit we sold was far above premium quality, and sold for a price begetting such fruit.

The Bastard forest companies are trying to build a Kraft pulp mill on our river. Pulp mills of all kinds are closing down all over the planet right now, and Tasmania, the "Clean Green State" continues to have it's forest raped for paper pulp by the shortsighted.

There are a large number of wood burned pizza eaters living in this valley who are fighting with all their might to stop this pulp mill from being built. Googleitup if you get the chance.

Look forward to Monday.

Comment

Working...
                X