The other kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other kitchen

I have been working on my other kitchen for a while. My toys out grew the main kitchen so I took a back room that I was using for tool storage and converted it to a place to bake.

Most everything in this room was bought used and it required some refurbishing and lots of cleaning

The first picture has my 10' work bench, It was dismantled and I took the top to a cabinet shop( they had a sander that could sand the top in in a single sweep from side to side) I striped and painted the lower shelf and legs ( bread mold green) The picture also has my (new to me) Univex 20 quart mixer and the KA mixer.

The second picture has( left to right) my Acme 8 Sheeter/Molder, then the retarder, fridge, metro proofer, sheet pan rack. The shelf above is for storage of pans, forms, couche's and such. I also keep my wooden dough bowl above the proofer.

The third picture has my sink large enough for the mixer bowls and sheet pans...Then my big baby the Univex 30 quart mixer.

I have more works in process such as my Dutchess divider/rounder but I fear that I will need more space for that.

Anyway, I just thought I would share the place I enjoy to bake/play and leave the world behind.

The oven??? that is outside.

Re: The other kitchen

Nice set up
    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
    John Ruskin

Comment

Hi Faith,
      you look like a very busy lady getting things arranged as you need them.
      You obviously need the commercial mixers and I wonder why you have the KA which looks like a toy alongside the 20 qt mixer. I have a 10qt and a Hobart 20qt mixer but really don't use them as they should be used, I need to get rid of one of them, just collecting dust.
      I also have a large lacey belt, the type that you got your cabinet shop to sand your benchtop. Did you oil/varnish/2 pack the top for the protection that it needs?

Cheers.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

On the table I just use mineral oil and reapply it regularly.

Yes the KA is cute and does look like a toy. We have named the 30q Papa Bear, 20q Moma Bear, the KA Baby Bear. I still use the KA regularly, it's great for other things I bake that I don't do in large batches like cookies or cheesecakes. I also use it for testing formulas (one or two loaves) that I may want to do in larger batches later.

Can't say I "need" any of it. Call them tools/toys or whatever. My hobby in my younger years was building and racing high performance motorcycles so this baking hobby is much cheaper and safer.

Comment

Now thats a nice set up, even got yourself a sheeter.....
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
            My hobby in my younger years was building and racing high performance motorcycles
            Youll enjoy this Faith.
            Just down the road from me lives a female top fuel racer.
            Ive met her a couple of times down the street and of course the talk always turns to drag racing.
            Rachelle and her hubby now make alloy drag rims for a living.

The Queen Of Speed - Graffiti Publications

Last edited by brickie in oz; 04-30-2013, 02:07 AM.
            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Bravo, Faith!

Great setup! Well done!
              Jay

Comment

Working...
              X