Forest pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest pics.

Last edited by brickie in oz; 06-11-2013, 02:49 AM.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Re: Forest pics.

Originally posted by brickie in oz
    For what its worth, there was a dug out on the ground within the bundle of sticks, bit elaborate just to dry sticks I would imagine?

Also, Ive seen the same type of timbers still embedded in the ground from the goldrush era, 1850 to 1880, that are still in good nick so 200 years is very plausible.

Edit:-
    I cant see what a persons race has to do with it at all, a tepee is a tepee.
    I brought back some fire wood from the same area, same day, it had rained during the week, the fire wood is burning in my heater as I type so I hardly think its a drying technique.
    AL,

Well you know for sure that you don't have to be an eskimo to own an igloo!

Comment

Gudday
      I found this thread bloody interesting!
      But can you two stop bickering. You both tell a good yarn about the bush I'm sure theres more out there who would like to hear more bush yarns.
      "The truth should never get in the way of a good tale" so use that as a guiding principle, and just let everyone wonder if they have been told a porky or not.
      Regards Dave
      Measure twice
      Cut once
      Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
      My Door
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Gudday
        Post away! ( ha that rhymes good enough for a bit of bush poerty?)
        Regards Dave
        Measure twice
        Cut once
        Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
        My Door
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm wrong most of the time. Wasn't it Wild Duck, whom first post was that of the forum police? Is he now the authority of all things Ozzie? Does moved on means that he quit the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Duck
            Not likely,

I made my point and moved on.

You see there are people like you who don't do their homework before they open their trap, we are not Ozzies (Ozzie that is a term made up in England some 40 years ago) we are Aussies short for Australian.

I am not an authority of all things Ozzie but I have lived and worked in outback Ausralia for 60 plus years I have shorn sheep from SA to QLD mustered cattle and sheep and rounded up brumbies from Vic to the Territory, so I suppose I might know a bit about the Aussie country.

WD
            Hi Mr Duck,

I'm sorry I misspelled the short name for your country, since I don't live there and in fact I did it on purpose, yet I don't recognize the country in which you say you worked in the outback of for 60 plus years. I understand and have been told before, " that its people like me". I was justing hoping that, "moved on", didn't mean that you had gathered your toys and gone home. By the way, nothing I love more than a little verbal repartee. Have a good one, my friend.

Comment

Hay!!! as you see in my other thread I figured out how to do video's I will make a video of my woods and it will put everyone in such peace and harmony no drug can reproduce the effects. Nature is where it's at.

Just saw a mother deer and her two baby fawns walk out back... How cool is that!!!

Comment

Working...
              X