NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tournament

Can we set up a Forno Bravo NCAA pool? Does anyone know how to do that? Can we set up a space on one of the big sports web sites, or do I have to just enter one of the big online pools?

Being a small business, we don't exactly get to join a big company pool. Which pools do you enter? Work, Internet, etc.

Cal is out, Stanford's on the bubble.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: NCAA Tournament

James - Stanford is in at # 11 of the South Bracket. Hopefully we will meet in the Sweet sixteen. GO WOLF PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Go Heels..

ACC champs, #1 seed, toughest kid in college bball (Hansbrough), great coach.. And a freshman backcourt so they won't get past 4 rounds..

:-(
      - JC

Comment

Here's a NY Times article that analyzes how to pick your brackets (other than uniform color and whether your daughter likes the mascot name). I guess I'm going to enter the ESPN pool -- we'll see how it do. I have to give Stanford a first round upset, then they're out.

We'll see. I could probably pay a monkey to throw darts at the draw and they'll beat me.

Here's the article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/12/sp...ts&oref=slogin

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Here are some facts on the NCAA tournament:

Ever since the field expanded from 48 to 64 teams in 1985, the lowest-seeded squad to make it to the Final Four was 11th seeded LSU in 1986.

The lowest seed to win the championship was eighth-seeded Villanova in 1985.

A 15 seed has beat a No. 2 four times.

Last year, Florida was a #3 seed.

Here's a good link to the best upsets ever:

CollegeHoopsnet.com - Top Upsets in NCAA history

Maybe a couple of well reasoned upsets are the way to win the ESPN pool. Well, maybe.

James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Louisville 78: Stanford 58. Brutal. They were down 26 (46:20) at the half. These goes that pick. I wonder how the rest of the Pac10 is going to fare.
            James
            Last edited by james; 03-15-2007, 01:33 PM.
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

While I have always been a UCLA fan - from the Wooden/Lew Alcindor/Bill Walton days - I think that they are over-rated and will go down earlier that expected.

J W

Comment

GO BUCKEYES!!! (spent my first 34 years in Ohio - will always be a fan).

Being realistic.....don't see them winning it all. don't rule out Florida, they seem to be back on track after that stinker 2 week period last month.

Comment

I was 11 right and 5 wrong day 1, putting me in the 41% percentile in the Yahoo pool. I guess I beat the monkey and the darts, but just barely. We'll see what day two brings.
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I did a pretty blind bracket pick (my sports knowledge is pretty slim), but managed 12 correct on day 1.

I only care if my Gators win!

Drake
                    My Oven Thread:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Drew,
                      I'm also low on knowlege, but that's never stopped me before. My first day was not good, I got 11, but the next day I was a little better with 13. But yesterday I had 7 out of 8. Not bad. I've jumped up to 85%. I was actually looking at Yahoo Sports late last night waiting to see if Pitt was going to hold on against VCU in OT (they did, despite some terrible freethrowing shooting).
                      Now, if I don't say anything more, that means I haven't done well.

James
                      Pizza Ovens
                      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I did a set of sportsline.com brackets with my nine year old. He's beating me. So much for the wisdom that comes with age.
                        - JC

Comment

That's how I feel. I don't have anybody left in the East, only two of the final four, and there are "only" 285,000 people ahead of me in the Yahoo brackets. It's not looking good.
                          James
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Yikes. I'm toast. I am shut out of two brackets, and only have one team alive for the final four. I guess that's what happens when you take a high risk strategy based on #3-#4 seeds.
                            James
                            Last edited by james; 03-23-2007, 12:16 PM.
                            Pizza Ovens
                            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                            X