Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Dough Boy" Rules

All,

Check out this article on Mary G's Artisan Breads. Except for the "dough boy" part, I think it's not bad at all.

Scugog Standard Lifestyle

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Re: The "Dough Boy" Rules

An excellent article and a very good photo. Congratulations, and well done. I think your passion for bread and ovens comes through nicely.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Jim,

Great article. Your many contributions to this forum on not only bread baking, but masonry, carpentry, cooking, descriptions of various type of flour, etc. etc. are very much appreciated.

BTW - Nice looking loaves of Bread

Comment

Nice to meet you 'in person' Jim! Well, sort of. I like your experiments with spelt and so on.

We buy 100 per cent guaranteed organic wheat and rye flour here from a local distributor for Demeter Mills, a small-scale miller committed to organic food. A 5 kg calico bag (with string closure, so you can re-use it, e.g. for our macadamia nuts) costs about $A10 - and it has the date of packing stamped on the bag! You could buy larger quantities much cheaper, but the two of us can't use it up quickly enough...

BTW, are you of Irish stock? I thought I recognise your face as that of an Irish-extraction journo colleague of mine.

Ciao,

Carioca
        "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Comment

Carioca,

Glad you enjoyed the article. It's making my phone ring off the hook.

I envy you your flour supply. Oganic flours are still in their infancy here, except at the supermarket recently, where the price is more than double per kg of my current bulk supplier. I'm working on it, really.

I'm about as Irish as you can get. My mother's father was born in Strabane, County Tyrone, her mother in Draperstown. My father's grandparents were from Dublin. Erin go bragh.

Slainte,

Jim

Comment

Cj?

CJ, the link does not work anymore....can you post a copy or find the article in the archives? I'd love to read it.....XJ
            sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

XJ,

Yeah, they told me it would only be up for a week. I did get permission to post it on my website with appropriate acknowledgement. (Thanks to JE for helping me with the tech bits.) Just go to the What's New page at :: Mary G's Artisan Breads :: Traditional wood-fired brick-oven breads made to uncompromising gourmet standards. Let me know.

CJ

Comment

Working...
              X