Sprung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprung

So, I grab a bucket, and stroll across the street, my eye firmly fixed on the massive black olives on the tree in the front yard of the house across the road, ignoring the bloke sitting in a toyota at the kerb.

When my neighbour departed for the city, he told me to help myself.
    There I am, picking massive big plump olives, way bigger than the first joint on my thumb, when a flash Statesman pulls up out front.

Out gets the local estate agent, who happened to marry one of my neighbour's daughters (lucky man, she's gorgeous).

"Good day, Mick" says he.
    "Good day, Nathian," says I "What's occurring?"

"Inspection by potential buyer," he says.
    "Oh," says I, "Shall I bugger off?"

"Nah," says Nathian, "Carry on, can't have them going to waste."

So, after assuring the potential buyer who was sitting in the toyota at the kerb , that he would be buying the best olive trees in town, and explaining that black olives are green olives that have stayed on the tree longer, and that the ones that look a bit different are different because my neighbour grafted branches of Kalamatas onto the Verdale trees, I picked a bucket of black olives, and legged it.

Re: Sprung

Originally posted by wotavidone View Post
    So, I grab a bucket, and stroll across the street, my eye firmly fixed on the massive black olives on the tree in the front yard of the house across the road, ignoring the bloke sitting in a toyota at the kerb.

When my neighbour departed for the city, he told me to help myself.
    There I am, picking massive big plump olives, way bigger than the first joint on my thumb, when a flash Statesman pulls up out front.

Out gets the local estate agent, who happened to marry one of my neighbour's daughters (lucky man, she's gorgeous).

"Good day, Mick" says he.
    "Good day, Nathian," says I "What's occurring?"

"Inspection by potential buyer," he says.
    "Oh," says I, "Shall I bugger off?"

"Nah," says Nathian, "Carry on, can't have them going to waste."

So, after assuring the potential buyer who was sitting in the toyota at the kerb , that he would be buying the best olive trees in town, and explaining that black olives are green olives that have stayed on the tree longer, and that the ones that look a bit different are different because my neighbour grafted branches of Kalamatas onto the Verdale trees, I picked a bucket of black olives, and legged it.
    American Translation

Bloke = Guy
    Kerb = Side of the Road
    neighbour = neighbor
    first joint on my thumb = end of my thumb
    flash Statesman = "Unclear...Unknown translation;;; but it might be a large car or SUV"
    neighbour's = neighbor's
    Good day, Mick = Hi Mick
    What's occurring? = What's Up?
    "Oh," says I, "Shall I bugger off?" = "Oh" I say. "Should I leave?"
    "Nah," = "No, you are fine".
    "Carry on, can't have them going to waste." = Take all you want otherwise they wii go to waste"
    and legged it. = and left.

Just a little help from a visitor to the land down under. I still an unclear about the Statesman....
    Last edited by mrchipster; 05-03-2015, 06:26 AM.
    Chip

Comment

The Statesman is not quite a Cadillac but as close as we get with a locally manufactured V8 of the comfort rather than speed variety.
      Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
        American Translation

Bloke = Guy
        Kerb = Side of the Road
        neighbour = neighbor
        first joint on my thumb = end of my thumb
        flash Statesman = "Unclear...Unknown translation;;; but it might be a large car or SUV"
        neighbour's = neighbor's
        Good day, Mick = Hi Mick
        What's occurring? = What's Up?
        "Oh," says I, "Shall I bugger off?" = "Oh" I say. "Should I leave?"
        "Nah," = "No, you are fine".
        "Carry on, can't have them going to waste." = Take all you want otherwise they wii go to waste"
        and legged it. = and left.

Just a little help from a visitor to the land down under. I still an unclear about the Statesman....
        Very good

Comment

Working...
        X