Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonders of the Web

All,

Having cut my writing teeth on a manual Smith Corona portable, couriers, then the wonders of the fax during the Dark Ages, the internet never ceases to amaze me because of its immediacy and range.

This weekend, I'm holding another bread workshop that will include a participant from New Zealand. In July, I'll be holding a bagel workshop that includes a member from Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Yikes!

It doesn't take long to figure out that just a few short years ago, such arrangements would have been next to impossible to make, without tons of time and money spent on paper advertising, phone calls, letters, etc., etc.

And, of course, it's hard to tell what the next generation will bring. Beam me up, Scotty.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Re: Wonders of the Web

Congratulations Jim,
    The new small world brings more attention to the folks who care about their craft, do something special, and can attract customers from all over the world. People like you.
    Way to go.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: Wonders of the Web

yep, second that one.....The web/email is an amazing resource

Someone mentioned this once (I'm sure he heard it from someone else).
      100years ago when people dreamed of an idea/concept it might have taken 50 years until it became a reality (or close to it).
      50 years ago it might have taken 10years before it came about to being made.
      but today the gap between the concept of something and its actual creation - is almost nothing.

Its funny how we can have a thought/idea for something and then you jump on the web for a look and it already exists.

oopppsss I'm getting too deep
      Last edited by Bacterium; 06-04-2007, 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling
      Cheers
      Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Working...
      X